Build The Card: UFC Fight Night 91 Sioux Falls

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The UFC recently announced a Fight Night event taking place in Sioux Falls, South Dakota on July 13th. There have officially been 4 fights announced for the card but no main event or co-main event are confirmed or many other compelling matchups other than a maybe 1 or 2 depending on who you ask. Here are the matchups that have been confirmed for the event: Tim Boetsch vs. Josh Samman, Kyle Noke vs. Keita Nakamura, Ben Nguyen vs. Louis Smolka and Devin Clark vs. Alex Nicholson

Keeping in mind the matchups that have already been announced, what fights would you guys like to see added to this card based on who will be available around that time. Here's a card I'd like to see for this event:

TJ Dillashaw vs. Jon Dodson II
Edson Barboza vs. Michael Chiesa
Tim Means vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
Francis Ngannou vs. Timothy Johnson
Tim Boetsch vs. Josh Samman
Ben Nguyen vs. Louis Smolka

What do you guys think of this idea for the main card and what fights would you suggest for this event?

Anthony vs Glover
Tj vs Assuncao
Edson vs Chiesa

Anthony vs Glover
Tj vs Assuncao
Edson vs Chiesa
Man that would be great. I have a feeling about Rumble vs. Glover for the Chicago Fox event though. Can't imagine them giving South Dakota a main event of that caliber.

That would be a great card, mate. Barboza vs. Chiesa is one hell of a co-main event.

The UFC recently announced a Fight Night event taking place in Sioux Falls, South Dakota on July 13th. There have officially been 4 fights announced for the card but no main event or co-main event are confirmed or many other compelling matchups other than a maybe 1 or 2 depending on who you ask. Here are the matchups that have been confirmed for the event: Tim Boetsch vs. Josh Samman, Kyle Noke vs. Keita Nakamura, Ben Nguyen vs. Louis Smolka and Devin Clark vs. Alex Nicholson

Keeping in mind the matchups that have already been announced, what fights would you guys like to see added to this card based on who will be available around that time. Here's a card I'd like to see for this event:

What do you guys think of this idea for the main card and what fights would you suggest for this event?

I kinda wanna see Ngannou with a bigger step up in competition tbh, but Barboza/Chiesa is sicknasty

I'm really interested to see this fight again with all the improvements both have made. I wonder if the size will prove to be an advantage for TJ with the huge strides he's made in his striking, or if Dodson's incredible speed and power for a guy that size can spell upset? I'm really intrigued by this fight.

Man that would be great. I have a feeling about Rumble vs. Glover for the Chicago Fox event though. Can't imagine them giving South Dakota a main event of that caliber.

hey man who's that in ur av?

Sounds good to me. A Dillashaw Dodson rematch is very intriguing.

That would be a great card, mate. Barboza vs. Chiesa is one hell of a co-main event.
Yeah it is, it makes perfect sense imo. Chiesa deserves this kind of fight.

I kinda wanna see Ngannou with a bigger step up in competition tbh, but Barboza/Chiesa is sicknasty
I'd like Ngannou vs. Duffee as well but after watching Ngannou's last fight I feel he's still really raw and another fight like this would help him more in the long run, he's got some work to do but is a great prospect.

hey man who's that in ur av?
James Franco. The gif is from Pineapple Express where he plays the drug dealer, Saul.

Rumble vs glover is a great idea to carry that card. Good call. ^^^

Rumble vs glover is a great idea to carry that card. Good call. ^^^
This was my second consideration but I feel it's too big a main event for a card in South Dakota of all places, lol. I think it makes much for sense for something like the Chicago Fox card.

Edson Barboza vs Michael Chiesa
Cub Swanson vs Dennis Bermudez
Rashid Magomedov vs Adriano Martins
Louis Smolka vs Ben Nguyen
Tim Boetch vs Josh Samman
Kyle Noke vs Keita Nakamura

Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1)
Walt Harris vs Jared Cannonier
Alex Caceres vs Charles Rosa
Cody Pfister vs Scott Holtzman
Shinsho Anzai vs Vicente Luque

Preliminary Card (Fight Pass)
Sam Sicilia vs Chas Skelly
Kyle Bochniak vs Jason Knight
Alex Nicholson vs David Clark

Last edited:
This was my second consideration but I feel it's too big a main event for a card in South Dakota of all places, lol. I think it makes much for sense for something like the Chicago Fox card.

True. I'd still hope for it though.

Maybe Tony Ferguson vs a top contender

Edson Barboza vs Michael Chiesa
Thiago Alves vs Ben Saunders
Ed Herman vs Tom Lawlor
Louis Smolka vs Ben Nguyen
Tim Boetch vs Josh Samman
Kyle Noke vs Keita Nakamura

Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1)
Walt Harris vs Jared Cannonier
Alex Caceres vs Charles Rosa
Cody Pfister vs Scott Holtzman
Shinsho Anzai vs Vicente Luque

Preliminary Card (Fight Pass)
Sam Sicilia vs Chas Skelly
Kyle Bochniak vs Jason Knight
Alex Nicholson vs David Clark
Alves vs. Saunders would be the shit but Alves is going down to 155 if I'm not mistaken.

Alves vs. Saunders would be the shit but Alves is going down to 155 if I'm not mistaken.
He said that a while ago, but wasn't that fight vs Ben Henderson scheduled for 170? I assumed he dropped the 155 idea

Cub Swanson vs Dennis Bermudez would also be a nice fight for this card

He said that a while ago, but wasn't that fight vs Ben Henderson scheduled for 170? I assumed he dropped the 155 idea
Not sure, but he's looked very lean in recent pictures he's posted to IG. Here's one from two weeks ago:

Sublime Fan. Alves is dropping to lw. :)

Lawlor wont be fighting for a while too, head or brain issues....we might never see him again unfortunately..

Lawlor wont be fighting for a while too, head or brain issues....we might never see him again unfortunately..
Yea lawlor is making a very smart decision. With what he said about the things hes been experiencing due to his last concussion i am fully behind his decision to take time off.

I know i had this noted and just copied and pasted. I took Herman/Lawler off and added Magomedov vs Martins.

And yeah I wasn't sure on Alves. As I told Ark I thought the Ben Henderson fight was scheduled for 170 so I assumed he dropped the 155 idea

Cub Swanson vs Dennis Bermudez would also be a nice fight for this card
That would be a great fight. If they didn't go that directon I think Stephens/Barao winner is good for Cub and Bermudez vs. Oliviera would be cool.

Man I didn't know that, that sucks to hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back