Which fight is HARDER for Nate Diaz? - RDA or Lawler?

Which fight is HARDER for Nate Diaz?

• Total voters

KONE

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
Inspired by another thread, I was curious on your guys' thoughts on this despite the fact that Nate won't be on UFC 200.

I personally think he loses both fights - BUT - if I had to pick one guy he might win against, it would be Lawler.

While Robbie might inflict more damage on Nate and possibly stop him as opposed to RDA leg kicking him into oblivion and controlling him with relentless wrestling and never ending cardio en route to a decision, I still think Nate has a better chance against Lawler over RDA.

I would favor Nate's boxing, cardio, and durability against Lawler because at the very least, Lawler would likely stand with him. RDA would never give him a chance. Nate and RDA fought before, and while it's a very valid point that Nate came in out of shape and under-motivated, I still think it wouldn't matter too much if they rematched. Nate would likely look better, but so would RDA. RDA is always improving.

RDA to me just seems to have one of the best - if not the very best - styles to beat Nate Diaz.

Last edited:
I'll say RDA. We already saw how he handled him and he throws more leg kicks and has shown a lot more top control than Lawler.

man i voted rda, but i change my mind. i think stylistically rda fits well against a guy like diaz, but lawler is just too much of an animal so id have him as the bigger favorite.

I would give Nate a very good chance against Lawler. Superior boxing, range and timing, coupled with cardio-machine volume punching... without the danger of terrorizing leg kicks or smother-wrestling. 60/40 in Lawler's favor due to size.

RDA, however... I think you have that one covered...

I agree with you 100%. The way I see it, Nate loses both fights, but since Lawler would be willing to stand with him, I think he would have a little bit more of a chance.

RDA. At least Nate matches up better skill wise with Lawler. RDA would likely brutalize Nate's legs again.

tumblr_ngl37gvLww1u2ragso1_r1_500.gif

And Rogan would climax cageside.

Nick knocked Lawler out with a slap, therefore Lawler

Wut....

I voted RDA, because Robbie will just stand and trade punches for the most part. But RDA leg kicks a lot, and that is both Diaz brothers weak point, they don't block leg kicks, basically all their loses involves them getting leg kicked to death, and then taken down and controlled. That is exactly what RDA did in their fight before and I would expect to see the same if they fought again.

RDA since he is a lot more well-rounded than Robbie. In most of his fights he mixes up his attack to keep his opponent guessing, Robbie on the other hand... Not so much, his gameplan is always to slug it out on the feet. That's not to say that Nate would beat Robbie though, I think he would lose to both of them.

Oh and also, fuck tablets since somehow mine picked Robbie instead of RDA even though I clicked the RDA option.

Both would be tough fights for Nate but RDA would maul the dude.

Dos Anjos is basically tailor made to destroy Nate. Vicious leg kicks, absolutely monstrous BJJ and wrestling, and endless cardio.

Robbie is actually a good match up for Nate. Will basically just box with him, and usually has to take 2 rounds off in a 5 round fight so he will struggle with Nates pace. Obviously Robbies still a favorite but match up wise its a good good match up for Nate.

man i voted rda, but i change my mind. i think stylistically rda fits well against a guy like diaz, but lawler is just too much of an animal so id have him as the bigger favorite.

Should go with your gut more :)

Inspired by another thread, I was curious on your guys' thoughts on this despite the fact that Nate won't be on UFC 200.

I personally think he loses both fights - BUT - if I had to pick one guy he might win against, it would be Lawler.

While Robbie might inflict more damage on Nate and possibly stop him as opposed to RDA leg kicking him into oblivion and controlling him with relentless wrestling and never ending cardio en route to a decision, I still think Nate has a better chance against Lawler over RDA.

I would favor Nate's boxing, cardio, and durability against Lawler because at the very least, Lawler would likely stand with him. RDA would never give him a chance. Nate and RDA fought before, and while it's a very valid point that Nate came in out of shape and under-motivated, I still think it wouldn't matter too much if they rematched. Nate would likely look better, but so would RDA. RDA is always improving.

RDA to me just seems to have one of the best - if not the very best - styles to beat Nate Diaz.
No contest HANDS DOWN RDA, #lowkickfromhellFTW

stylistically RDA fight is far harder for Nate imo

He has a chance of catching Robbie just because Robbie's style makes him very available for Diaz to hit. If you asked a computer to create the perfect fighter to beat Diaz, RDA would be it. Diaz has no answer to RDA's leg kicks and wrestling.

RDA. At least Nate matches up better skill wise with Lawler. RDA would likely brutalize Nate's legs again.

Joe Rogan upon hearing a RDA/Diaz rematch is announced

giphy.gif

I really don't think Nate has a very good shot at beating either guy, but I can at least imagine HOW he might beat Robbie. I really don't see a path to victory over RDA.

"Ohhh, that leg kick hurt him! Look at him, he can barely stand, he's rocked! Oh wait, nevermind he just threw a kick with that leg"

Back