Stefan Struve promises that 'Bigfoot' Silva 'is going down in the first' round

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/2...mises-that-bigfoot-silva-is-going-down-in-the

usa-today-8267030.0.jpg

With only one victory in his last four fights, UFC heavyweight Stefan Struve is not exactly on an enviable stretch right now. But this Sunday, in his native country, the seven-foot Dutch "Skyscraper" plans to show a new and reinvigorated version of himself with a decisive victory over Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva.

"I've been in the UFC for seven, eight years now, but I'm only 28. People haven't seen the best yet, the best is yet to come," Struve said on the first episode of UFC on the Fly: Fight Night Rotterdam. "This is the biggest reason why I lost my last fight: I was just holding back too much, doubting too much. But if I just go in there, let everything come out, don't think too much, he's going down in the first."

Also in this episode, you can see Struve train at his new home, the Blackzilians gym in Miami, Florida, and take a boat trip through Gator territory.

UFC Fight Night Rotterdam takes place this Sunday in Rotterdam, Netherlands' Ahoy Arena. The event is headlined by a heavyweight bout between Alistair Overeem and Andrei Arlovski.

/

Struve will get #rekt and it will be amusing if he gets (T)KOed himself in the first round. He should have retired several fights ago, and Bigfoot should go to Japan where he can fight at SHW and take his medicine.

Bigfoot is a shell of his former self without TRT and Struve is the biggest waste of potential at HW I can remember in a long time. Honestly I don't give a shit about who wins at this point of their careers. But for the sake of their brains they should both retire sooner than later.

Would be cool to see but this is pretty much a pick em fight for me.

This attitude is why Struve gets knocked out so often.

If struve stops him in round 1, he should officially hang it up

struve hasn't stopped anybody in 4 years

Whoever loses this fight will probably be gone from UFC, can't see them staying around. Its such a hard fight to predict, will probably go with Struve.

I am baffled by the amount of people picking Struve in this fight, he's going to get his egg cracked again.

Struve's best round is usually the second round, he's a slow starter. I hope he can beat Bigfoot in round 1 though. Would be great to see my fellow Dutchman get a win in his home country live in person this Sunday!

I guess I'll root for Struve. It would be pretty neat if he actually started winning fights again.

Meh. Struve has a good history of going down in the first round himself.

I am baffled by the amount of people picking Struve in this fight, he's going to get his egg cracked again.

Bigfoot looks tentative as FUCK post-TRT.

I pretty much have it as a "whoever lands first" method of victory for either guy, and Bigfoot's passiveness only makes that worse.

Would love a Bigfoot victory though. He's awesome.

I have Bigfoot in my parlays . I think he still catches struve unless he magically learns how to use his reach

Back