UFC 198 and 199 are both overall tough cards to predict

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
Alot of people are probably more excited about UFC 198 but for me for some reason I find myself being more interested in UFC 199 but it's close. Note: this is just my humble prediction nothing as a fact so please don't make a bet on this.

Lets start with the tough prediction.

Anderson Silva - Uriah Hall: I feel like this one is a toss-up only because it's in brazil and if this fight took place anywhere else in the world then I would have favored Hall because I don't think his familiar with the wild soccer atmosphere the brazilian fans are going to create which could lead to him becoming hesitant and shell shocked. It's a tough one to predict but if I have to go with someone then it's Anderson even tho his past his prime I think his experienced enough to pull the trigger on a shell shocked hall when he for the first time experience the wild atmosphere. someone is going to get finished either way but I lean towards Silva getting the finish.

Souza - Belfort: depends on which Vitor turns out and imo his past his prime but still dengerous enough to finish anyone alive if he pulls the trigger and blitz but I lean towards Jacare in this but won't count out vitor at all.

Werdum - Stipe: This one is also very close fight imo but somehow feel like werdum is not in his prime even tho his the champion and slayed the division and to be honest don't think that werdum was in his prime during his entire contender run and title capture. Miocic is fresh and is the more hungry fighter and I lean towards him getting the win.

Maia - Brown: It's close but I got brown and if he stays away from the takedowns am sure he will get the finish but it's big if he stays away from the takedowns.

Holloway - Lamas: another close match-up imo and don't know who to pick in this at all.

BJ Penn - Dennis Siver: One of the reasons am so into this fightcard is because BJ penn is on it. Still it depends which BJ and if only 2% of legend BJ turns out then he will get the finish.. Would have actully loved to see this fight on 200 instead.

Dustin - Green: Another close match-up and hard to predict even tho green has been injuried like forever but his movement and boxing skills could make the difference if he still has his speed. But since his been gone for so long it's difficult to favor him in this one so I lean towards dustin.

The easy picks:

Rockhold over Weidman

Cruz over Faber

Anderson over Shogun

Lombard over Henderson

I think Jacare, Maia, Holloway and Siver should win pretty easily.

Man people are criminally underrating Shogun. I have not been impressed by Corey Anderson... I don't see him beating Shogun.

The weirdest part about the whole thing is the people counting Shogun out of every fight and treating him like some can are people who claim to be his fans, twisted as that is

Man people are criminally underrating Shogun. I have not been impressed by Corey Anderson... I don't see him beating Shogun.

The weirdest part about the whole thing is the people counting Shogun out of every fight and treating him like some can are people who claim to be his fans, twisted as that is

I'm a fan but I also have eyes and a brain. Shogun has looked very bad lately, and his TDD was never that great. Anderson should outwork him and beat him up in the process. As much as it sucks, I don't think Shogun should be fighting at all anymore.

I think Jacare, Maia, Holloway and Siver should win pretty easily.

Never count out Vitor in a fist fight. He could blitz anytime and always has that wildcard.. I got BJ and Brown

Alot of people are probably more excited about UFC 198 but for me for some reason I find myself being more interested in UFC 199 but it's close. Note: this is just my humble prediction nothing as a fact so please don't make a bet on this.

Anderson Silva - Uriah Hall: I feel like this one is a toss-up only because it's in brazil and if this fight took place anywhere else in the world then I would have favored Hall because I don't think his familiar with the wild soccer atmosphere the brazilian fans are going to create which could lead to him becoming hesitant and shell shocked. It's a tough one to predict but if I have to go with someone then it's Anderson even tho his past his prime I think his experienced enough to pull the trigger on a shell shocked hall when he for the first time experience the wild atmosphere. someone is going to get finished either way but I lean towards Silva getting the finish.

Souza - Belfort: depends on which Vitor turns out and imo his past his prime but still dengerous enough to finish anyone alive if he pulls the trigger and blitz but I lean towards Jacare in this but won't count out vitor at all.

Werdum - Stipe: This one is also very close fight imo but somehow feel like werdum is not in his prime even tho his the champion and slayed the division and to be honest don't think that werdum was in his prime during his entire contender run and title capture. Miocic is fresh and is the more hungry fighter and I lean towards him getting the win.

Maia - Brown: It's close but I got brown and if he stays away from the takedowns am sure he will get the finish but it's big if he stays away from the takedowns.

Holloway - Lamas: another close match-up imo and don't know who to pick in this at all.

BJ Penn - Dennis Siver: One of the reasons am so into this fightcard is because BJ penn is on it. Still it depends which BJ and if only 2% of legend BJ turns out then he will get the finish.. Would have actully loved to see this fight on 200 instead.

Dustin - Green: Another close match-up and hard to predict even tho green has been injuried like forever but his movement and boxing skills could make the difference if he still has his speed. But since his been gone for so long it's difficult to favor him in this one so I lean towards dustin.

The easy picks:

Rockhold over Weidman

Cruz over Faber

Anderson over Shogun

Lombard over Henderson
Easy picks? Weidman was winning that fight b

The easy picks:

Rockhold over Weidman

Cruz over Faber

Anderson over Shogun

Lombard over Henderson
Easy picks? Bet money on those fights then. Rockhold vs Weidman was very close before Chris' dumb kick. I wouldn't say that's an easy pick. Cruz vs Faber is pretty clear cut for Cruz. Anderson looked pretty bad in his last fight. I expect Shogun to be the favorite. Lombard is pretty small and although he is likely to win I wouldn't be surprised to see Hendo get a KO. You chose the smarter picks but I would say aside from the Cruz fight they are far from easy picks. All fighters have their chance to victory especially in the Weidman fight.

Never count out Vitor in a fist fight. He could just blitz anytime and always has that wildcard.. I also got BJ and Brown
I think the second Vitor starts throwing hands like maniac Jacare will just blast double leg him to the ground and sub him.

Brown can't defend clinch TDs against Maia. Brown will run into clinch which is what Maia needs. Maia is a big guy, he should be able to take Brown easily and work on sub or at least do that for 3 rounds like Hendricks did against Brown.

BJ is just so much done at this point. Siver will win purely on being more stronger than old BJ.

I could be wrong on all of them but this is how I see these fights.

Lol at Rockhold vs Weidman being an easy fight for either guy.

The biggest lock among any of the main card fights on 198 and 199 is Maia over Brown by submission. Matt is exciting when matched up against strikers, but his Krytonite is on the ground, and I see Maia submitting him within 2 rounds.

As a long-time BJ Penn fan, I'm really pulling for a return to form against a fighter he SHOULD be able to have success against.

I'm a Werdum fan, but I do worry about Stipe in this one.

LOL at someone as limited as Anderson easily beating Shogun. Desperate dry humping might be enough against cicada shell Shogun but I hope not.

Cruz wins, but i don't see him having an easy night against Faber and if Hendo last more than a minute against Lombard then he has a shout because Lombard will be gassed to fuck

Lots of close fights, I agree.

I am pretending Anderson vs Shogun is not a thing. I will walk outside during and pretend it never happened afterwards. I have a feeling Shogun losing to a guy nicknamed "Beastin 25/8" is not something I will cope with very well.

Unless Shogun magically wins of course. In that case I'll be on here proudly nuthugging.

I'm a fan but I also have eyes and a brain. Shogun has looked very bad lately, and his TDD was never that great. Anderson should outwork him and beat him up in the process. As much as it sucks, I don't think Shogun should be fighting at all anymore.
We'll see

So you're going to accuse Weidman of PED use yet completely ignore Luke and Cain's last fights?

At least physically Luke looked no different than before.

After USADA came in, Weidman (and a lot of fighters to be fair) started upping their cardio regiments conveniently losing serious muscle mass.

Rockhold's performance was pretty good by the way.

wut 198 is one of the easiest cards ever

Werdum is gonna beat Stipe easily. Better striking, cardio, chin, clinch and fight IQ and obviously BJJ times 100x, only thing Stipe is better at is wrestling and he can't use it because he'd get embarrassed on the ground.

Jacare is gonna hape Vitor. Did you see what Weidman did to Vitor? It'll be similar. Vitor can't stop the takedown and he can't survive on the ground.

Anderson vs Hall - Anderson is done, if it wasn't for Bisping being a retard and looking at the ref he would of been brutally dominated for 5 rounds by fucking Bisping.

Maia is gonna grapple fuck the shit out of browne.

lol at Rockhold over Weidman being your easy pick.

Weidman had an entire training camp with a broken foot, literally broken, and he was still winning until the awful spinning back kick.

Last edited:
A healthy Rockhold will mop the floor with post USADA welterweight Weidman.
Thank you for not letting your bias show in your your fight predictions..... Lol damn geed.

Back