Is Alvarez the most uninteresting title challenger at LW for a long time?

s1fys

abc
@Brown
Reaction score
Sure he's a top fighter but his last 3 fights have been extremely underwhelming. Is anyone actually excited for this fight? If yes, why?

Least interesting title challenger vs. least interesting champion.

P.S. RDA is still top-2 PFP, imo. MM is 3.

Least interesting title challenger vs. least interesting champion.

P.S. RDA is still top-2 PFP, imo. MM is 3.

What's not to like about RDA's fighting skills? He's a beast.

How is that not interesting in the context of we are watching fighters, not the Kardashians for Christs sakes.

No

One of the most interesting--Cowboy vs RDA--turned out to be a dud. So never count anyone out.

I suppose, if you just started following mma. Long time fans are stoked to see Eddie doing it on the big stage.

Sure he's a top fighter but his last 3 fights have been extremely underwhelming. Is anyone actually excited for this fight? If yes, why?

He is more interesting then cowboy as a challenger for me.I didnt believe cowboy could win,i think eddie can clip rda and sleep him or he could outwrestle him.

Hell no. Alvarez knows that RDA has great counter wrestling to negate his own, so it'll more than likely resort to Eddie having to go back to his action orientated style.

That'll be crazy.

Eddie plays it safe in one fight and now everybody rips him. Dude has been in several wars including a fight of the yr IMO against chandler

What's not to like about RDA's fighting skills? He's a beast.

How is that not interesting in the context of we are watching fighters, not the Kardashians for Christs sakes.
Alvarez is also one of the best in the world. Or are you a Kardashian fan?

Not less interesting than Gray when he challenged for the belt the first time. Was being booed hard after Kenflo title eliminator and the fights prior was shit too (nate shouldve got decision). And we all know how that title fight with Frankie turned out, one of the GOAT LW fights. Point is unless the guy is like Rosholt u cant count out some fun stuff happening. Especially with a guy like Eddie Alvarez who is a gamer, a top 10 LW of alltime, and has been a part of some of the greatest fights in LW history (kawajiri, hellboy, Chandler 1 and 2)

Jessica Penne and Alexis Davis were pretty uninteresting.

Eddie isn't any worse than Nate challenging Benson or Diego Sanchez vs BJ Penn.. or the kenny florian title shots

Did ppl think the Melendez fight sucked or something? Close decision or not, that fight was fuckin awesome. Alvarez has been a top fighter for abt 5+ years. Maybe you'd be interested if he gave more monologues and threw out more insults

It's not a fight I'm dying to see that's for sure.

No he's pretty well rounded and legit. I think he's going to be out classed in every facet by Rafael but I don't see it as being impossible that he could prove to be competitive.

Eddie deserves the shot he's been left out of title talk for too long for no fault of his own. Glad to see him succeed.

Did ppl think the Melendez fight sucked or something? Close decision or not, that fight was fuckin awesome. Alvarez has been a top fighter for abt 5+ years. Maybe you'd be interested if he gave more monologues and threw out more insults
Beating Gilbert with 1 eye for 75% of the fight isn't impressive to some

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back