Is Magny underrated?

Money509

A Level Poster
@Silver
Reaction score
Can he beat guys like lawler and become champ? He lost to maia but who gives a shit. Dude has alot of heart and he just owned lombard ass. Plus he is like 6'3 with an 80 inch reach that he can use to his advantage. I think he is underrated.

About fuckin time we see
some MMA discussion up
in here.

Mayberry Magny has a good
ring to it.

At this rate he'll have the most UFC fights in history within a couple years

Does he at least buy Magnum condoms? If so then he should be allowed in the mayberry.

Don't post chit like this on Mayberry. GET OUT
tumblr_nhnooggfug1u2ragso1_500.gif

I always laugh when MMA shit accidentally winds up in the mayberry

I think he's very underrated. Long, uses his jab well, good takedowns, very, very solid BJJ. People used to give him shit for being boring. I never understood that.

I can see him losing a title fight in the future

I think Magny is great. I don't know if he is underrated, but he is getting better and better. I envision him challenging for the title before long.

He's good and what he lacks in skill he makes up for with heart.

I think he is very underrated and also is getting screwed out of that Hendricks fight. Why the hell would Gastelum get that over Magny?

Can he beat guys like lawler and become champ? He lost to maia but who gives a shit. Dude has alot of heart and he just owned lombard ass. Plus he is like 6'3 with an 80 inch reach that he can use to his advantage. I think he is underrated.
Very underrated, looked great against Lombard

He is a great prospect with that said I think he gets iced by someone like Condit or Rory fairly easily.

He's way better than I gave him credit for being when he went on that run through a whole mess of nobodies at WW a while back. Maia pwned him bad, but he came back with solid wins over Gastelum on short notice and Lombard. He's a wee bit chinny, but his incredible cardio makes his recuperative abilities really shine through and when he gets your back he's able to just flatten you out and make life miserable. My main critique of this guy has to do with his lack of power, but that doesn't stop him from belonging on the fringes of the Top 10. I'd love to see them throw him in there with the winner of Larkin/Masvidal for his next fight. Basically what I'm saying is I want to see him in there with Larkin.

He a learner and doesn't rely solely on his natural talent, and that means he continuously improves with every fight. Watching him apply that in cage is a treat to a fan. He's made some really dramatic strides in striking over the past few years, as well as his already solid wrestling and improved grappling. Couple that with a humble and honest personality. There's a lot of potential and he's easy to root for. Of course, he may hit a ceiling before making it to the very top. But I'll be watching regardless.

I picked him to beat Lombard but that was more about Lombard being massively overrated than Magny being underrated.

In time he can maybe get there, but he's not there yet. He's definitely a top 10 guy but not top 5 yet. Doesn't have the wrestling or striking to beat guys like Rory/lawler/Hendricks/Thompson yet.

Back