UFC 198 Disappointments

blazerkor

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
OK there is no way anyone could be disappointed with the card but I think there will be a lot of disappointed fans on May 15th. At the very beginning of the card, I think Cummins beats Little Nog. It may be a long night for Brazilian fans from there. The next 6 fights may go the way of the local fighters but after that, it's a bit of a mess.
I think The Immortal is going to KTFO Maia. Anderson will sadly beat the now over the hill Shogun. Then the crowd will cheer when Cyborg destroys Leslie Smith. However after that they will cry. I think Uriah Hall is going to beat the great Anderson Silva and it could be in devastating fashion. The next fight is a bit of a lose/lose, two top level Brazilian fighters and the one the crowd loves (Vitor) will lose. I don't know how the main event will go but Werdum is the guy I favor. I fear that if Stipe pulls off the upset the crowd will make good on the promise their always making "You gonna die" there may be a riot.

Like all fights only time will tell and I am biased because I'm always wanting both Travis Brown and Uriah Hall to show out but I like their chances. It will be a fun fight for fight fans but the nationalist crowd (who I love their dedication) might not get what they expect.

I think Anderson vs Hall will be the most tentative fight of the year. I expect nothing to happen. I hope I'm wrong.

The Shogun fight might end up being a sad display, but I don't know why you'd be disappointed in any of those outcomes anyway, unless you're obviously a fan of the losing fighter or bet money. Leslie is gonna upset Cyborg, the winner of Brown-Maia moves forward in the division and I'm fine with either guy winning, though I'm rooting for Maia. If Stipe wins and pisses off the Brazilian crowd, that would be pretty amazing.

I think you're right for the most part.

37906-1027215.png

Oooh it'll be fun though ;)

I think Anderson vs Hall will be the most tentative fight of the year. I expect nothing to happen. I hope I'm wrong.
I think it will be boring no matter who wins. A boring decision for Andy or a snoozer until a random KO for Uriah.

I will be diappointed if the fights are boring, regardless of who wins, if the results are the ones you say but coming from great fights, that´s good to me.

BTW, i think you are one of the Brazilian haters from Sherdog...

Cyborg Rd 1 KO
Cummins UD
CANderson Rd 2 TKO
Hall Rd 1 TKO
Maia UD
Jacare Rd 2 TKO
Werdum Rd 3 Sub

Maia is going to choke a cat out of Matt Brown and I'm a huge fan of the Immortal.

The Shogun fight might end up being a sad display, but I don't know why you'd be disappointed in any of those outcomes anyway, unless you're obviously a fan of the losing fighter or bet money. Leslie is gonna upset Cyborg, the winner of Brown-Maia moves forward in the division and I'm fine with either guy winning, though I'm rooting for Maia. If Stipe wins and pisses off the Brazilian crowd, that would be pretty amazing.

I like your bold prediction about Smith but what I was mostly getting at is that the Brazilian fans go for the Brazilian fighters and the American fighters might upset a lot of their heros.

Cyborg Rd 1 KO
Cummins UD
CANderson Rd 2 TKO
Hall Rd 1 TKO
Maia UD
Jacare Rd 2 TKO
Werdum Rd 3 Sub

I can see all of that happening but if Maia can't get it to the ground The Immortal may just end him.

If Werdum is still chwmp then the night will be a party for us brazilians. The co main is jaare vs belfort, so either way is good. Cyborg is almost garanteed to win.

If the rest lose the brazilians will be OK because we know they are old and outta prime.

I think The Immortal is going to KTFO Maia.
I was a fan of Matt Brown on TUF and respect that he is a badass, but don't think he will be coming anywhere near a title shot again and think he'll be no match for Maia. True, he went on a really solid run and wrecked a bunch of guys, but they were all relatively low-level competition (his win over Wonderboy was four years ago). When Brown has faced elite competition, he's been completely outmatched. I don't see this one being any different.

I was a fan of Matt Brown on TUF and respect that he is a badass, but don't think he will be coming anywhere near a title shot again and think he'll be no match for Maia. True, he went on a really solid run and wrecked a bunch of guys, but they were all relatively low-level competition (his win over Wonderboy was four years ago). When Brown has faced elite competition, he's been completely outmatched. I don't see this one being any different.

Brown's clinch game is on point so I just don't see Maia getting it to the ground and Maia is outclassed on the feat against Brown. That being said, this is a difference of opinion and we will see how it plays out in 12 days.

I'm really not paying attention to the other fights but Stipe will be crowned as the New Heavyweight champion of the world

I can see all of that happening but if Maia can't get it to the ground The Immortal may just end him.

So true. Problem I see with Brown is that he hasn't been as explosive as he used to be. Maia's been having success lately. I see that same success rolling over into this fight. It won't be an amazing fight, but I see him doing enough to get the UD.

Great thread, by the way. Nice to see more focus on other events and fighters.

I'm really not paying attention to the other fights but Stipe will be crowned as the New Heavyweight champion of the world

Not quite sold on Stipe yet. I'll gladly eat crow if you're right. I just see Werdum having one of his easier fights here. I choose Werdum Trollololol by sub in the 3rd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back