Is there any precedent in MMA for how big of an ass McGregor is making of himself these days?

BudoPracticioner

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
At least Ronda has had the sense to stay humble....anyone else even close? Also keep in mind the guy, for all his talk about being this big money man, basically panicked his way out of a $10 mil.-plus payday.

Anything like this ever happened in MMA? Anybody come close to eating this much crow? Tito? Ken Shamrock? Dare I say Jon Jones?

At least Ronda has had the sense to stay humble....anyone else even close? Also keep in mind the guy, for all his talk about being this big money man, basically panicked his way out of a $10 mil.-plus payday.

Anything like this ever happened in MMA? Anybody come close? Tito? Ken Shamrock? Dare I say Jon Jones?

A lot of Conor's drawing power is based on his talk...

So he's just trying to get paid again, but it seems like not a lot of people are buying his shit this time around.

There's enough Conor threads.
3NJfEhA.gif

Chael Sonnen lost to Silva, tested positive for steroids, then proceeded to say he thought he won the fight because he won 4/5 rounds, had a fake belt made, went on rant after rant about how he never went through puberty and that TRT was a necessary medical treatment and you had nitwits on here eating up every single word as gospel.

Anything like this ever happened in MMA? Anybody come close to eating this much crow? Tito? Ken Shamrock? Dare I say Jon Jones?

In 15-20 years of watching MMA I have never seen a meltdown of this magnitude. Nate Diaz, in 1 fight, has been able to absolutely derail McGregor in every way possible. Think about it, McGregor was on top of the world, the 145 pound champ, about to fight the 155 pound champion and become a 2 strap champ. Now, after the loss to Nate, it obvious he is desperate to not have to go back to 145, he doesn't get a 155 pound title shot, that has been destroyed, his 170 pound aspirations have been openly mocked, he has been pulled as the headline for what could be the biggest card in history, UFC 200, and he is not getting the 10 million which would be the largest payday in MMA history.

This is the biggest meltdown in the sport's history.

Chael Sonnen lost to Silva, tested positive for steroids, then proceeded to say he thought he won the fight because he won 4/5 rounds, had a fake belt made, went on rant after rant about how he never went through puberty and that TRT was a necessary medical treatment and you had nitwits on here eating up every single word as gospel.

Good call.

In 15-20 years of watching MMA I have never seen a meltdown of this magnitude. Nate Diaz, in 1 fight, has been able to absolutely derail McGregor in every way possible. Think about it, McGregor was on top of the world, the 145 pound champ, about to fight the 155 pound champion and become a 2 strap champ. Now, after the loss to Nate, it obvious he is desperate to not have to go back to 145, he doesn't get a 155 pound title shot, that has been destroyed, his 170 pound aspirations have been openly mocked, he has been pulled as the headline for what could be the biggest card in history, UFC 200, and he is not getting the 10 million would be the largest payday in MMA history.

This is the biggest meltdown the sport's history.

Right? I think the Chael example was a good one, and gotta throwe Tito in the conversation, but Conor's is the biggest and QUICKEST, most sudden fall from grace.

Right? I think the Chael example was a good one, and gotta throwe Tito in the conversation, but Conor's is the biggest and QUICKEST, most sudden fall from grace.

Yea but Chael and Tito didn't have on the line what McGregor had on the line. He was waiting to fight the 155 pound champion at the time and was the 145 pound champion, and he decided to take an easy short notice fight which then wrecked the living shit out of him and is continuing to wreck him. I've never seen anything like it. The 10 million, the lost title shot at 155, the not wanting to cut weight and fight at 145, the obsession to rematch Nate even when that is a shit idea, getting pulled as the headliner of UFC 200.....

Its fucked up lol.

Getting a like by @Bobby Digital in the
heavies is like entering a gay bar as a
straight man & pulling a female's #

It's even more similar because when
you call them afterwards & they
hear the voice of the opposite sex,
they immediately hang up on you.

After all the Conor nuthuggery there's been Conor making an ass out of himself is giving me great joy.

Yea but Chael and Tito didn't have on the line what McGregor had on the line. He was waiting to fight the 155 pound champion at the time and was the 145 pound champion, and he decided to take an easy short notice fight which then wrecked the living shit out of him and is continuing to wreck him. I've never seen anything like it. The 10 million, the lost title shot at 155, the not wanting to cut weight and fight at 145, the obsession to rematch Nate even when that is a shit idea, getting pulled as the headliner of UFC 200.....

Its fucked up lol.

I know I was agreeing with you. Just saying those two may be the closest, if not even that close.

Tito Ortiz?

You don't have to talk shit to make an ass of yourself though.

2E896AF900000578-0-image-a-12_1447782835420.jpg

160217054031-ronda-rousey-suicide-thoughts-ellen-es-00005216-super-169.jpg

good point, but stuill not as bad. She didn't talk her way out a huge 10 mil payday (she's still doing movies making $$). And she's still a chick, dude - they cry; it's what they do.

Back