If DC pulls out will JJ take on Rumble at short notice?

jonnyboy316

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If DC injures his knee again 3 weeks out do you think Jones would be prepared to fight Rumble at short notice?

Jones wasn't willing to fight Sonnen on short notice . . .

From Rumble's last couple of interviews, he said he wouldn't take on Jones or any champ on short notice now. He stated that the fans deserve the best versions of both fighters when it's for a belt.

Jones doesn't take short notice fights, OSP was an exception, so no - he wouldn't

Not this time. I dont think he would

Jones wasn't willing to fight Sonnen on short notice . . .
Shut the hell up. He redeemed himself by fighting a top ten guy in OSP on short notice.

I doubt it and I wouldn't blame him.

Not against Rumble to much risk, maybe Glover?

He was open to fighting Rumble on short notice for UFC 197. It looked like it was going to go down until Rumble's sudden mouth surgery after being open to fill in short notice for UFC 197 previously.

I think he will because DC would have to vacate the title which means Jon Jones becomes the Champ again automatically and defends his title against Rumble at UFC 200. Thats the only outcome a see if DC pulls out

Shut the hell up. He redeemed himself by fighting a top ten guy in OSP on short notice.
Doesn't change the fact that he wouldn't fight a MW on short notice . . .

john_adams_facts_are_stubborn_things_quote_print-r30a9317f39b745c3a99be8455421ee50_i5x63_8byvr_1024.jpg

So the general consensus is no so what would happen to the main event? You would think Dana would have a back up plan. Surely Edgar v Aldo could not main event. Mcgregor v RDA ?:)

Doesn't change the fact that he wouldn't fight a MW on short notice . . .

john_adams_facts_are_stubborn_things_quote_print-r30a9317f39b745c3a99be8455421ee50_i5x63_8byvr_1024.jpg
He fought Vitor three weeks later and whopped his ass, then fought Chael and whopped his ass too. Facts are facts.

Of course he would, but the problem and issue is the other way round.. Rumble would never take on Jones on short notice, and us as fans would not get what we paid for as Rumble would be exhausted after 3 minutes with a guy like Jones. if he had a full training camp he would be exhausted after 2 rounds like he was with Cormier, but short notice much much less so its robs us of seeing Jones giving a sustained beatdown.

Back