Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard II was a SPLIT DRAW!?

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm honestly in disbelief at this! I randomly saw this on a MMA website, and I spotted the word split.

You mean to tell me, that one judge gave Frankie Edgar that fight!?

So the official scorecards were:

Patricia Morse Jarman – (47-47)

Glenn Trowbridge – (48-46 – Maynard)

Marcos Rosales – (48-46 – Edgar)

EdgarvMaynard2Scorecard.jpg

Marcos Rosales should never be allowed to judge a bout ever again with scoring like that!

Didn't really change much, because it probably would have ended in a majority draw anyway, but still.

Man...

Thoughts?

That fight was like five years ago I don't remember the round by round all that clearly but I think there have been dozens and dozens of examples of worse judging, especially if we're getting down to how a single judge scored a single round.

Let me guess, you also believe in Diaz 1,2,5.

The last Lawlor fight was way worse.
Someone had it 30-27 Anderson... he was rocked, knocked down, and almost finished in the first... yet somehow won the round?

I thought Edgar edged it out.

Round 1 should have honestly been a 10-7.

Gray didn't really do shit after round 1

That fight was like five years ago I don't remember the round by round all that clearly but I think there have been dozens and dozens of examples of worse judging, especially if we're getting down to how a single judge scored a single round.
It's definitely not the worst example of judging ever, because I've most definitely seen worse.

There is still no possible way that Frankie Edgar won 4 rounds of that fight.

Round 1 should have honestly been a 10-7.
If there is such a thing as a 10-7 round that was it. Why have a 10 point must when the loser can only receive a 9 or 8? what about 1 through 7? The scoring system makes 0 sense.

Actually thought Maynard should have got a 10-7 round and won the fight and I say that as a fan of Frankie.

If there is such a thing as a 10-7 round that was it. Why have a 10 point must when the loser can only receive a 9 or 8? what about 1 through 7? The scoring system makes 0 sense.
You've seen how hard it is to even define a line between 10-9 and 10-8,

can you imagine how arbitrary it'd be to try and draw 9 such lines?

You've seen how hard it is to even define a line between 10-9 and 10-8,

can you imagine how arbitrary it'd be to try and draw 9 such lines?
Which is why, in my opinion, we need to change the way fights are scored. Or at the very least more specifically define those lines.

Agreed.

Although I've rewatched it, and I don't think it's a 10-7. Sure fire 10-8 though...

Agreed.

Although I've rewatched it, and I don't think it's a 10-7. Sure fire 10-8 though...
Haven't seen it in years myself, but I remember it being one of the worst single round beatings I've seen. I think they need more liberal scoring of 10-8 rounds and even 10-7s.

Back