here is how I see aa-reem going

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
They are both tentative as fuck for the first 2 minutes. Aa does his Mir dance and throws empty jabs into the air and reem is backpedaling loading up. They will probably have some leg kick exchanges with very little comittment until the 2nd or 3rd round where I think Reem will catch him, rock him and tko him against the cage.

double knockout

*edit: Gordao, too quick for me

As much as a better fighter Reem is, there is nothing he can do if something lands on him.

I expect both guys to come out gun shy like you said, I think reem will crack first in the 1st and catch Andrei though. I think reem was extra timid against jds due to his durability.

First that lands anything remotely clean will most likely take it.

Offensive I'll give the edge to Eco-Patient-Reem.

Defensive I'll give the edge to AA.

Scenario 1: Overeem wobbles Arlovski with a punch, Arlovski does his usual "back up with head straight up and hands down" thing and eats an evil punch against the cage, loses

Scenario 2: They paw at each other for a minute, Arlovski lands one of his lightning quick straight right hands and drops Overeem, puts him to sleep with GNP

Scenario 3: Both are tentative and nothing happens for the entire fight

Reem KO Dos Santos, I don't think AA will catch him...

Reem KO in the 1st 2 rd imo

Yup I could easily see it going like that, whatever happens I think Overeem will take it. I honestly don't believe Arlovski has a glass chin, anyone can get knocked out at HW, the problem with him is his defense is not good enough and thats why he gets caught so much, his attack is good but not defense.

His last fight the punch Stipe dropped Arlovski with on the ear would drop any fighter on the entire roster, it doesn't matter how skilled you or how good you are, if a big HW guy like Stipe hits you behind the ear all your balance will go and you will drop.

Love the Reem, but personally I wouldn't mind seeing this
Andrei%2BArlovski%2BVictory%2BCelebration%2BDance%2BShake%2B-%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B51%2BBrasilia.gif

Guys from the same gym who've been former sparring partners are familiar with each other's style to an extent... So they know each other's habits, timing, strengths etc.

This is either gonna be a barn burner or a flat out dud.

Examples of AA fighting former teammates are:

AA vs Browne which pretty much had every MMA fan on the edge of their seats

&

AA vs Schaub which stunk up the place

They are both tentative as fuck for the first 2 minutes. Aa does his Mir dance and throws empty jabs into the air and reem is backpedaling loading up. They will probably have some leg kick exchanges with very little comittment until the 2nd or 3rd round where I think Reem will catch him, rock him and tko him against the cage.
Sounds about right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back