How bad does conor's stock fall after another loss?

dennisS66

hands up....chin down!
@red
Reaction score
who ever his next fight will be with,as a big of a star he is,how bad will it be to lose back to back?

Pretty bad if you consider the massive mental breakdown after.

If he loses to Nate again, it proves he can only beat guys smaller than him--not guys his own walk around weight.

He'll be swimming around with the titanic wreckage

Depends on how you're measuring it I suppose. He was due to be paid the most he has ever been paid at UFC 200 despite losing his last one. As much, if not more attention is on him now than there ever has been. Maybe if he drops another one it would go back to pre-Aldo levels but he'd probably still be the most talked about and most highly paid fighter on the roster.

He's already having a mental breakdown since he was "supposed to" retire undefeated in 2016 and finish Nate in the first round (loooooool). Another loss ends with him having a complete meltdown and retiring.

Strip the belt NOW. He's too scared to fight for it. If he loses one more fight, throw him to 155. He'll lose another fight or two and then cut him.

If it's the rematch Vs Diaz next, still not too bad.

If he return to 145 and lose is belt. pretty bad.

If he vacate is belt and go to 155, the UFC will probably give him a "easy" fight.
He loss to the #5 guy.
Can't imagine they will put him Vs a Top 5 guy again.
(RDA, Khabib,Alvarez, Melendez, Barboza)

I expect a "big" name , the Winner of Lauzon Vs Sanchez, Miller Vs Gomi. even Penn if he win Vs Siver...

Some Bullsh*t fight like that..

Pettis would still be fun to watch.

If he fights Nate again and loses but puts on a better show I think his stock only falls slightly.

If Nate beats him even more convincingly it falls quite a lot.

If his next fight is at 145 and he loses convincingly to Edgar or Aldo then it is hard to see where he goes

If he beats Nate convincingly then he would have dramatically overcome adversity to triumph and his stock in the eyes of the mainstream fans would be at it's highest point. Just like if Ronda comes back and beats Holly. Very unlikely to happen though.

If he loses his next fight, whether it be defending the belt against Aldo/Edgar winner or Diaz II, it really depends on how the UFC will promote him, or not promote him. His stock drops by way of pay I would assume, but he will still be a draw.

Conor will win some and lose some along the way, and most likely never be included in GOAT talks unless it is him talking.

It depends on how he loses and to who. A "loss" could even be great for him depending on how it happens.

He will sell millions of pay per views for the rest of his days. He can lose 5 more times and he'll still be a top seller.

Not sure why people want so badly for that not to be the case but it is what it is. He's a star

Laugh all you want, he won't lose next time.

Well with this move he has done a coupe things. The good thing is that he has raised his profile even higher than it was before. Whenever it is, people will be very interested to see his next fight

The bad thing is he has ratcheted up the pressure on himself tremendously. He really needs to win his next fight no matter who it's against. Otherwise the narrative will quickly go bad for him. I'm not saying his career will be over if he loses and how he loses would be a factor but the talking he does would look really silly after another loss and most importantly i believe he would be less of a draw.

Would Connor stick around just being another guy?

That title keeps him from being fed to the sharks. After he loses that belt he has one more loss in him before the curtain crashes.

It's to late imho and has already lost the casuals.. his no more a draw. fact

Based on how Conor is handling his first UFC defeat I just can't see his ego allowing him to stick around playing second banana to other headliners. And without the assistance of the UFC brass with favorable matchups, over the top marketing, etc. I don't see things going well for him. At FW I see him having a lot of difficulty with Frankie Edgar as well as in a Mendez or Aldo rematch. And at LW he's not getting anywhere near the belt...no way in hell.

Back