Brilliant Decision by UFC to keep Connor off the card

jjjjjjjjjjohnny

JDP is the CHAMP!
@red
Reaction score
UFC 200 is going to have over a million buys - the card is stacked with 3* title fights (including interim titles).

Taking conor and putting him on 201 or 202 against anyone - i.e., nate or title unification will prop up the buy-rate. Over all, this will be a win win win for all parties involved - especially considering there is the huge potential draw in an Aldo rematch or an Edgar clash.

Over a million buys??? Jones just drew 300,000 in his comeback fight and Aldo and Edgar don't sell. Nor do women not named Ronda. This card won't do 1 million PPVs. UFC with Conor vs Nate as main event would push 2 million.

The problem is, I honestly don't think Diaz Vs McGregor 2 would sell very well on its own. I didn't particularly want to see the first fight, but I definitely don't care to see Nate get a full camp this time.

I think its good its been removed from 200, because it allows the more important fights/fighters to actually get some press and recognition rather than 200 just being the Conor show again.

I would honestly rather watch Conor fight Frankie Edgar, Aldo again, Michael Johnson, or any 10-15th lightweight who he could fight competitively against.

Nate handled Conor. It wasn't a close enough fight to warrant a rematch headlining an enormous card. It's just a cash grab.

Over a million buys??? Jones just drew 300,000 in his comeback fight and Aldo and Edgar don't sell. Nor do women not named Ronda. This card won't do 1 million PPVs. UFC with Conor vs Nate as main event would push 2 million.

I agree. While I think UFC 200 looks insane throughout the entire card, the only cards which top 800k+ (let alone 1 million) are the ones which somehow transcend the core fan base to reach mainstream discussion, and no one on UFC 200 accomplishes that. People who don't really follow MMA don't know who guys like Frankie Edgar are, or care about Jon Jones.

200 will be just fine as long as the UFC promotes it right.

Main event - GOAT vs champ fight
WBW - the woman that took out the woman who ran over Ronda is fighting.
FW - greatest lighter weight fighter of all time fighting the perennial tough guy of the year and the guy who McGregor doesn't want to fight.

UFC needs to let the PR division do its thing

Taking conor and putting him on 201 or 202 against anyone - i.e., nate or title unification will prop up the buy-rate. .

You think Aldo or Edgar would fight again at 201 or 202??!!??! LOLLLOLOLO, especially at Aldo....he's fought 10x in 6 years and you think he's gonna fight twice in 2 months LOL

Over a million buys??? Jones just drew 300,000 in his comeback fight .

No one cared about him fighting OSP. Cormier is a different story. Even if they dont make Conor money,the card will do well,and doesnt *need* him.

They might make more money this way, 200 will do 1.2 mill regardless, it would have done 1.5-1.8 max probably

Now 201 will do 1 mil rather than 200,000

They gain 200,000 net buys plus conors 200 % ppv points won't scale out of hand, as you get more money per buy after certain thresholds

The x factor is ufc 200 gate, or if it actually would have done 2+, which isn't precedented

UFC 200 is going to have over a million buys - the card is stacked with 3* title fights (including interim titles).

Taking conor and putting him on 201 or 202 against anyone - i.e., nate or title unification will prop up the buy-rate. Over all, this will be a win win win for all parties involved - especially considering there is the huge potential draw in an Aldo rematch or an Edgar clash.

I have said this a bunch in numerous threads similar to this one. Anyone thinking the UFC is losing money NOT having Conor on UFC 200 are not thinking it through. The next card Conor is ON will make up for the lost revenue by Conor not being on UFC 200.

As a NY fan i am fuckin pissed they are barring him from that card.

But the first Jones x DC was about 800. Pretty much on its own.

The first fight was 800,000. This card is stacked, it will do over a million. No doubt it would of sold better with Conor on it. But this is a smart move by the UFC. Now they will have two very high selling cards instead of just one. Rondas comeback will also sell very well so the end of the year numbers will look pretty good for the UFC.

If by "brilliant" you mean a hardball move that will help them maintain a status quo where they hold all the cards and the fighters get shafted then yes. I myself might use terms like cunning, shrewd or Machiavellian.

It's UFC 200 so 1 mill is already in the bag by default more or less.

Let's see how much extra they can get now.

PS: TS this isn't any "move" by the UFC and Conor.. I'm telling you Conor is going crazy and trying hard to be back again his losing money this was the power move by Lorenzo in negotiations that will pay dividends later on in dealing with Conor and other potential PPV selling 'divas'.

Back