What can the fighters do to get paid better by the UFC ?

UhVaiMorre

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
No i'm not here to say they need to make an union and bla bla bla, just curious, how can most of them cavemans get attention enough to generate some income and raise their gains ?

If the only way to get good paychecks is doing what Conor did, then we'll see that once or twice in a lifetime. Yes he made himself money, and i think he deserved it, after all he did bring in attention to UFC more than anyone, although i do think the UFC doesn't care much and would probably give up on him and do something else. We all know that business is like this, you're paid for what you bring in, not for what you can do. Seems like most fighters think "I'm very good, i should get paid better, i can knockout people at will".

Yes it is awesome and it does bring attention, but that's just to a certain point, Anderson Silva for example did not bring attention by trash talking or self promotion, still crossed the MMA bubble a little but with all the Steven Segal bs and the hype UFC did for him. But that can't last forever, and Anderson himself said he felt underpaid (and he said that during the glory days).

What does the UFC want from their fighters ? these guys can't kill themselves forever for such a small paycheck and that only makes it easy for zuffa to cover the "underpayment" talk. I don't want to see MMA turn into pro wrestling with a bunch of gimmicks and what not, but not everyone is Conor and Ronda and it seems you need that to make some good money as an MMA fighter.

Tl;DR : Does everyone need to promote themselves and cross the mma circle to get mainstream attention or can fighters get paid more without that ? because we all know not everyone would be accepted trying to follow that model.

If everyone was a circus then it wouldn't be special and no one would care.

Sign shorter contracts, test free agency more often

Fight and win in impressive fashion.

The fighters should have their own Salt March.​

Fight more often.

The training camps you go through in the gym are much harder on your body than a single 15 minute fight every 4 months.

Put butts in seats. Get casual fans to buy PPVs.

That is your ultimate leverage is negotiating with the UFC. If not having you on a card means they lose money then they will pay you more to show up.

Conor over-reached on his UFC 200 shenanigans, but it's obvious that his pay rate (guaranteed 10 million per some articles) is based solely on his ability to get people to buy tickets and PPVs.

They can speak English, promote and call out ther next fight instead of thanking Gay Jesus and their trainers in the post fight.

The absolutne worst and most stupid thing they do is saying they'll fight whoever the UFC wants.

No, they need to call somebody a pigfucker and generate some heat.

Heres the thing not everyone in the ufc is going to be a millionaire,The guys who are gettng in the ufc and getting 10k and 10k + medical thats amazing for the fight game.No one else does that not in boxing or any other mma org.

Now the problems for me personally come with what the top guys are getting paid.There is people headlining shows earning peanuts.There should be a minimum you get paid if your the headlining act or a top 5 guy.You shouldnt have a guy like rory earning 50k to show ,who has headlined a couple of shows and fought for the belt and is canadas biggest active star

Put butts in seats. Get casual fans to buy PPVs.

That is your ultimate leverage is negotiating with the UFC. If not having you on a card means they lose money then they will pay you more to show up.

Conor over-reached on his UFC 200 shenanigans, but it's obvious that his pay rate (guaranteed 10 million per some articles) is based solely on his ability to get people to buy tickets and PPVs.
That's what i'm sayin, not everyone can get casuals. Imagine you're the typical ugly cauliflower MMA fighter, how do you make people want to watch you ? they barely want to look at your face. Not saying is all about looks but they would need to generate better first impressions somehow and not based on their in-fight skills. I can't someone think like Tony Ferguson, trash talking his opponent, getting a lot of fans with it and people calling him role model. maybe i'm wrong but i don't think they all can do this, and that's not on them. The casuals would have to connect with the fighters somehow.

Last edited:
Wear their own sponsors, pay the fine for not wearing Reebok.

He's made over 2m disclosed in his career
2m from all those fights ? or because he fights regularly ? we all know not every fighter would be able to do such things since they're most likely injured all the time.

The simple answer to the question in the title thread is to not be fooled by the prestige of a promotion and be aware of what YOU bring to the table and make that work for you.

Fuck your first didn't read lol gif
didnt-read.gif

qAWzsGE.gif

16MCf.gif

m5Ca7oU.gif

f1b.gif

9db.gif

HEIpqb0.png

Heres the thing not everyone in the ufc is going to be a millionaire,The guys who are gettng in the ufc and getting 10k and 10k + medical thats amazing for the fight game.No one else does that not in boxing or any other mma org.

Now the problems for me personally come with what the top guys are getting paid.There is people headlining shows earning peanuts.There should be a minimum you get paid if your the headlining act or a top 5 guy.You shouldnt have a guy like rory earning 50k to show ,who has headlined a couple of shows and fought for the belt and is canadas biggest active star
Agree, Rory is also in talks of leaving the UFC...i hate when good main eventers are paid nothing.

Act more like a WWE gimmick and create buzz. Ex. Piledrive Dana through a fold out table.

Also, win fights and be exciting.

They can speak English, promote and call out ther next fight instead of thanking Gay Jesus and their trainers in the post fight.

The absolutne worst and most stupid thing they do is saying they'll fight whoever the UFC wants.

No, they need to call somebody a pigfucker and generate some heat.
What about those who don't speak English ? trash talk in native language ? :/

Back