So the UFC does an Old School Tournament...

Mochan

Saku Belt
Reaction score
... like the old UFC events or Pride Grand Prix, with 8 fighters. Open weight. Matches are 15 minutes each, 3 rounds, current rulesets. But open weight. So we can decide who the best fighter in the UFC is.

Fabricio Werdum vs Luke Rockhold ---- --- RDA vs. Robbie Lawler
|------ Champ -----|
Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier -------------- --- McGregor vs. Mighty Mouse

Who do you think is going to win?

Fabricio Werdum, probably. Maybe Bones.

would gladly pay through the nose for a tournament. I know Dana, in particular, hates tournaments, but he is missing out on epic events.

Werdum... Weird as it seems to me.

The only winners are the ones who didn't read this thread. Who the hell want to see mm vs McGregor or rock vs a hw champ???
Jones will murder cormier and the other fights aren't even worth talking about.

Id take Jones over werdum

I have said that every fighter in the last 10 years pretty much would beat Werdum, but still he keep on trucking... It annoys the fuck out of me too because he always beats up guys I like and I remember him in Pride when he was a borderline can... But the guy is devastating, and a finisher. I say he taps Jones out and gives him huge trouble on the feet with his size and power.

I have said that every fighter in the last 10 years pretty much would beat Werdum, but still he keep on trucking... It annoys the fuck out of me too because he always beats up guys I like and I remember him in Pride when he was a borderline can... But the guy is devastating, and a finisher. I say he taps Jones out and gives him huge trouble on the feet with his size and power.
Fair enough, Jon takes it with his un orthodox stand up, devastating eye pokes and oblique kicks included. Takes werdum down but doesn't mess with his guard

The winner would be either Jones or Werdum.

Fair enough, Jon takes it with his un orthodox stand up, devastating eye pokes and oblique kicks included. Takes werdum down but doesn't mess with his guard

Would be a great fight because they're both so unorthodox... I had no idea Werdum was gonna knock out Mark Hunt, that blew my mind.

Werdum likes a nice oblique kick too, and he's definitely got range on Jones, and size, which seems to be Bones' achilles heel... I'd never count Jones out of any fight, but going in I'd have to pick Werdum... A big factor for Jones is that nobody wants to go to their back with him because of the elbows, but Werdum would want it there, which would change the dynamic...

Probably won't ever happen but it would be interesting.

USADA destroys tourneys.

Being able to use PED's to aid the healing process,it shows how guys in PRIDE could fight every 2 months for 6 months straight in the pride tourney. Noobs like to think that means all guys under pride were roiding cheaters,but its difficult to imagine fighting that often without some help,and keeping your body together. Basically training camps never stop?

USADA destroys tourneys.
30447450.jpg

Werdum or Jones without doubt
Probably Werdum

Being able to use PED's to aid the healing process,it shows how guys in PRIDE could fight every 2 months for 6 months straight in the pride tourney. Noobs like to think that means all guys under pride were roiding cheaters,but its difficult to imagine fighting that often without some help,and keeping your body together. Basically training camps never stop?

Steroids are such a big part of modern medicine it's almost unthinkable to heal the way athletes do without them... Creams, injections - I regularly have both for my back as well as other injuries - on the National Health Service...

The fact that there was rampant cocaine use back in the day is more worse to me... But even that's OK... I think it was the coke and not the Steroids that fucked a lot of teary Pride and UFC guys out of long careers... Obviously nobody got popped, but you can see it in their eyes....Plus they eat shots that would kill a rhino.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back