Jon jones vs an agressive kicker

original doom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok since watching jon i dont think ive ever see a fighter tee off on his legs. Why ?

Wheres the lhw who have a kickboxing or muay thai background.

Im calling it. first fighter too pressure those legs win.

= Leg catch takedown followed with hellbows.

But yes if there was a Aldo or Barboza at 205, that would be interesting.

We need some andy hug shit.

6ia1s0_jpg.gif

We already went through this with the Rogan vs. Rampage feud TS. Can't kick a wrestler with some of the most brutal hellbow GNPs unless if you want to chance a DQ win like Matt the hammer Hamill.

Like everyone else has said, it's the fear of the TD. You don't want adamantium pyramids slamming into your face.

Shogun had no chance. But he successfully leg kicked Machida. Jones is different animal.

Whenever this topic comes up it always brings a nostalgic smile to my face, remembering the time leading up to Shogun-Jones when people where going: "Shogun is gonna kick the ever living shit out of those chicken legs!". The good old days when people believed the key to beating Jones was simply utilizing kicks. Oh, those were the days.

Whenever this topic comes up it always brings a nostalgic smile to my face, remembering the time leading up to Shogun-Jones when people where going: "Shogun is gonna kick the ever living shit out of those chicken legs!". The good old days when people believed the key to beating Jones was simply utilizing kicks. Oh, those were the days.

Exactly. We all now know how that fight ended up.

= Leg catch takedown followed with hellbows.

But yes if there was a Aldo or Barboza at 205, that would be interesting.

This.
Good boxer with good TDD like Stipe would have better chance, IMO.

We already went through this with the Rogan vs. Rampage feud TS. Can't kick a wrestler with some of the most brutal hellbow GNPs unless if you want to chance a DQ win like Matt the hammer Hamill.
Or unless you are a Werdum-type fighter

werdum-overeem-o.gif

Yeah rogan came off looking pretty bad for suggesting that to Rampage.

You need a kicker as big as Jones though. Rumbles probably the closest you're gonna get

And he had more success than anyone else.
Stipe is bigger, stronger, more persistent and has heavier punches than Gus.

And jones is longer, a better wrestler, has a better chin, and strikes better than Struve.

Maybe stipe would make it to losing a decision if he stayed on his bike.

I actually think Cormier weirdly would be the best to implement a heavy leg kicking game, he doesn't have much range but they do carry quite a bit of power and he has the wrestling to avoid constantly getting taken down off of them. In their first fight the few kicks he threw got Jones' attention, if he decided to spend the first few rounds chopping them down and avoiding damage when/if Jones gets a takedown I think it'll pay dividends later on.

Disclaimer: I have never fought professionally so this is my total armchair opinion :D

Back