Anybody else think Nate Diaz' personality-sense of humor.....

Kemeticsoul

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Finally came through after his victory over McGregor ? I mean, even in the build up he had me laughing.

I was a Diaz hater before he fought Conor, not he's grown on me and I'll be rooting for his success.

The Diaz brothers are good for the sport. I'll never step foot in Stockton but WAR 209!!

He's always been like this. Now, he is given the platform.

That presser in Stockton would have been nuts

He's been around for years and you only start to like him after he beats Mcgregor?I reckon he's matured alot since the fight but I dont think his personality has dramatically changed, not that I particularly know the guy.

Finally came through after his victory over McGregor ? I mean, even in the build up he had me laughing.

I was a Diaz hater before he fought Conor, not he's grown on me and I'll be rooting for his success.

The Diaz brothers are good for the sport. I'll never step foot in Stockton but WAR 209!!
I love watching Nick and Nate fight. The definitely bring a lot of fanfare and energy to every event they're a part of. Role models however, they are not. Voluminous books could be written concerning their untoward behavior over the years. And when all is said and done, the plurality of fans are really laughing at them, not with them. It's really a paradox in a way. They are beneficial in terms of popularity, but they are an abhorrent example of how to behave in life.

I love watching Nick and Nate fight. The definitely bring a lot of fanfare and energy to every event they're a part of. Role models however, they are not. Voluminous books could be written concerning their untoward behavior over the years. And when all is said and done, the plurality of fans are really laughing at them, not with them. It's really a paradox in a way. They are beneficial in terms of popularity, but they are an abhorrent example of how to behave in life.

You're not to decide whether they're role models or not. I'm sure the kids they're teaching BJJ to during the weeks (something Conor tried to make fun of Nate for, don't know why) appreciate them both.

Nate loves to play the tough guy...At the end of the day he is a tough guy so theres no problem...

They are both millionaires who get to do what they love for a living.

Everyone should aspire to that in life.

Not to mention that despite being millionaires, they STILL teach children martial arts daily. Children who could easily be out doing robberies and selling drugs instead. Just like the Diaz brothers could have, if they never found martial arts.

I've always liked him a LOT more than his brother. But yeah he's pretty much immune to Conor's trolling which makes it all the funnier.

What you experienced is a sub conscious change of allegiances

They are both millionaires who get to do what they love for a living. Everyone should aspire to that in life.
Become a millionaire doing what you love, equals FINANCIAL success. You didn't address their character in the media. Teaching martial arts to children, doesn't expunge the abhorrent behavior they are virtually known for. No parent would be proud of Nick or Nate Diaz. Is Miley Cyrus a success in your eyes. Should her parents be proud? Would your parents advise you to start acting more like Nick and Nate? I like to watch them to friend, but outside the ring and in the media, their behavior is opprobrious.

"You're not to decide whether they're role models or not."
The only way to substantiate this, is if it's possible for you to have this power. How many interviews of these two do you have to watch to come to the conclusion that they're reprobates?

"I'm sure the kids they're teaching BJJ to during the weeks (something Conor tried to make fun of Nate for, don't know why) appreciate them both."
This doesn't expunge their sordid behavior in the media and social media. What parent wants their children acting like these two knuckleheads? Is this how you were taught to behave?

Become a millionaire doing what you love, equals FINANCIAL success. You didn't address their character in the media. Teaching martial arts to children, doesn't expunge the abhorrent behavior they are virtually known for. No parent would be proud of Nick or Nate Diaz. Is Miley Cyrus a success in your eyes. Should her parents be proud? Would your parents advise you to start acting more like Nick and Nate? I like to watch them to friend, but outside the ring and in the media, their behavior is opprobrious.

Lol what behavior?

Getting into a couple of fist fights outside of the cage means that their parents shouldn't be proud of them for working hard and making it out of the slums? Most people don't ever make it out the hood bro.

You make it sound like they are sticking people up for money and selling drugs every day.

Get the fuck out of here... No parent would be proud of Nick and Nate... Their momma went from the hood in Stockton to the burbs in Lodi, you really think she's not proud?

Most of their friends grew up to either be locked in prison or dead. Nick and Nate grew up to be fucking shinobi black belt ninja masters. Idk what there isn't to be proud of.

I'm not even gonna comment on Miley Cyrus because I don't know much about her. As far as I can tell she's not a terrible person either. But she is just a completely different scenario. She is Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter who's success is basically based off of her father getting her a show on Disney. She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and doesn't have much musical talent, she just gets by on doing wild shit for attention.

Nick and Nate Diaz made it out the hood all by their god damn selves. NOBODY helped them out. They went from eating out of a snack machine daily to millionaires. Built off nothing but their blood, sweat and tears. But you wanna criticize them because they smoke weed and got into a couple scraps lol.

When everyone around them was doing crime to make money, they put their heads down and focused on martial arts and made a life for themselves out of it. If thats not inspiration for young kids who come from poverty, I don't know what is.

I think it was awkward. I think all of those "face to face" interviews are forced. Rashad and Rampage and now Claudia and Joana feels the same to me.

Just two people who don't like each other talking smack. And there always a bunch of people there looking uncomfortable.

I like the fights and I like the countdowns and what not when they talk about their training and motivation.

I liked how he didn't take the opportunity to trash Conor after he beat him.

After all the disrespect Conor threw at him, suggesting Nate was dumb and less worthwhile than him Nate didn't throw it all back in Conor's face after he out-toughed and out-smarted Conor, just dusted his shoulder like Conor's words really did mean nothing to him.

Also, yeah, Nate's trash talk somehow landed more even though Conor's was more "clever". Can't beat realness I guess.

Lol what behavior?

There is no denying that they've succeeded in MMA through assiduous hard work. Outside of MMA, they both have also done well in endurance competition.

The question was raised concerning their positive contribution to MMA. Certainly their willingness
to aid children in their hometown has benefited many.

I'm going to assume that you've followed their career over the years the same as I have. You've viewed their interviews, press events, post fight commentary, radio interviews, documentaries, news events, etc.

As far as their behavior in the media is concerned, they have perpetually been the poster children for how not to act. It's what they are practically known for. Their very motto has recently become, 'I'm not surprised mother fuckers.' Now we all laugh at that, but let's not delude ourselves into believing that it's an admirable quality. That type of behavior has been the trademark of the Diaz brother's from day one. It's entertaining, but nothing to be lauded.

Financial success is one part of life, but by no means close to what's important. If that's how you define ultimate success, then our disagreement can end there. The Diaz brother's have excelled in their careers, but they have failed in a very important part of life. It's one thing dismiss it, but quite another to admire it. I admire their work ethic, and the goals they have achieved. But in many ways I feel sorry for them. Success doesn't expunge untoward behavior.

Ml
There is no denying that they've succeeded in MMA through assiduous hard work. Outside of MMA, they both have also done well in endurance competition.

The question was raised concerning their positive contribution to MMA. Certainly their willingness
to aid children in their hometown has benefited many.

I'm going to assume that you've followed their career over the years the same as I have. You've viewed their interviews, press events, post fight commentary, radio interviews, documentaries, news events, etc.

As far as their behavior in the media is concerned, they have perpetually been the poster children for how not to act. It's what they are practically known for. Their very motto has recently become, 'I'm not surprised mother fuckers.' Now we all laugh at that, but let's not delude ourselves into believing that it's an admirable quality. That type of behavior has been the trademark of the Diaz brother's from day one. It's entertaining, but nothing to be lauded.

Financial success is one part of life, but by no means close to what's important. If that's how you define ultimate success, then our disagreement can end there. The Diaz brother's have excelled in their careers, but they have failed in a very important part of life. It's one thing dismiss it, but quite another to admire it. I admire their work ethic, and the goals they have achieved. But in many ways I feel sorry for them. Success doesn't expunge untoward behavior.

You still haven't exactly explained why their parents shouldn't be proud of them.

Because they say fuck a lot and aren't politically correct and speak their mind?

As far as what I can tell both those dudes have hearts of gold and never done anything to harm anyone that was innocent.

haha I've been a fan of both the Diaz bros. and will never step foot in Stockton either. i have never seen people be genuinely happy for another person's success clean across the board than they have shown when Nate got that big win and payday. win or lose we rooted for the guy and watching both Nick and Nate come out of a shit hole and get some giant fights and win those fights that they really shouldn't be able to. guys like Nick and Nate don't become successful but somehow they did and that's why people like those guys. they don't give a fuck, they can fight, and completely head fuck their opponents. and there's is two of them!!!

He has always been awesome,people just didn't pay much attention to him for whatever reason.

Back