If Oblique Kicks are Legal, Why Can't Strikes to the Groin be Legal Too?

Bad Romance

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So in a "sport" where you can punch and knee people in the head or permanently ruin them by hyper extending their knees with oblique kicks striking them in the groin is somehow banned? Some one just died from a strike to the head not too long ago if anything should be banned it's those, not nut shots.

Jon Jones just brings out the bitch in everybody.

Lowblowtko would be a new type of brutal finish.

Ban all strikes and subs. Just let them play badminton in the octagon.

WJFJUEP.gif

Ain't no rules in the jungle baby. I think the only thing that should be outlawed is foreign objects and weapons. Any appendages or body parts you have should be at your disposal. If a kick the nuts hurts that bad then tap to strikes.

Gotta draw the line some where. Stomps to the knee aren't excluded, sorry. (Except in CA, so there you go).

Oblique kicks won't be around for ever.

Oblique Kicks are fine, in muay thai, we called teep kicks, but they're to the thigh. It's hard to defended that's why some people complained. But so far, i see no permanent or even serious injuries.

Decent point.....

Temporary pain, vs possibly not being able to walk forever...

Someone needs to email the commissions. For real. I'm not understanding the logic in banning groin strikes but allowing oblique kicks.

Why would you ask a question like that? I rather take the oblique kick instead of being kick in the nuts.

Fucking A, people are actually still bitching about oblique kicks to the knees?

I'll let you hit me with an oblique kick if I get a free ball kick on you. Fair enough?

Ain't no rules in the jungle baby. I think the only thing that should be outlawed is foreign objects and weapons. Any appendages or body parts you have should be at your disposal. If a kick the nuts hurts that bad then tap to strikes.
Yeah and if anything it opens up the striking game to more variety. A guy would totally have to change up his style and open himself to be finished way more easily if he has to devote his attention to protecting his head and his balls. Those wrestle boxers with their wide open stance are just asking for a swift kick to the crotch.

Anyone thought about how good jones would be without the oblique kicks? All bias aside, he throws those kicks as often as GSP throws a jab

Seriously, would he be alright if they took them away?

Gotta draw the line some where. Stomps to the knee aren't excluded, sorry. (Except in CA, so there you go).

CA trying to get rid of massive weight cutting. Doesn't allow oblique kicks. Maybe they got people out there that actually care about the health of the fighters ? Imagine that.

Oblique Kicks are fine, in muay thai, we called teep kicks, but they're to the thigh. It's hard to defended that's why some people complained. But so far, i see no permanent or even serious injuries.

it wasn't MMA but a similar strike destroyed Miguel Torres' knee in a kickboxing match. Looked painful.

but still, it's all good in the hood if it's legal...it's just a bit douchey...like the hood.

Back