Eddie Alvarez: McGregor can't deal with adversity

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
"And to be honest with you, Conor’s a one-or-two-round fighter," Alvarez said. "He’s not a championship fighter, you know what I mean? He’s a one-or-two-round guy. He’ll be a lifer, I think, in three-rounders. If he ever decides to do five-rounders or go past to five, I think most of his fights are going to look like that. He’s going to take a dump."

While McGregor had the chance to avenge his loss to Diaz July 9 at UFC 200, Alvarez doesn't really see the need to run this one back. The results, he thinks, will be the same.

"Oh, yeah [I’m expecting Diaz to win again]," Alvarez said. "Look, Conor couldn’t even win for two rounds. If he has to deal with any amount of adversity, how’s he going to end up winning? He was beating the sh*t out of Nate. If you can’t win for two rounds, how are you going to be in a fight with Nate Diaz? He was winning. He was beating the sh*t out of him. And he couldn’t keep up with his own winning. That was odd to me."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/1...onor-mcgregor-he-s-not-a-championship-fighter

Alvarez should probably be worrying about RDA right now instead of talking about other fighters.

Lol, because Alvarez is a championship fighter.

I agree with him for the most part tho, but I disagree that he was "beating the shit out of nate" he just cut him, the strike count was nearly identical

He's right for the time being at least.

Conor might learn to overcome adversity but unless his opponent gasses out of his mind because of a 2 week camp, he hasn't shown that trait yet. The instant things got bad for him in the Nate fight he folded.

He's mostly right, but he's exaggerating the first round of that fight.

Conor won, for sure. But he didn't "beat the shit out of Nate." He won a competitive first round, and bloodied Nate up a bit. But it wasn't an ass whoopin, by any means.

Alvarez is not wrong, but Conor can win the rematch it's just the chances isn't that big.

I agree with him for the most part tho

I hope you realize that Alvarez is a former champion and has been in multiple, drawn out fights. If someone knows anything about adversity, it's definitely him.

Nine of Dana's blonde kids, including Brock can come from behind

:(

He's not wrong.

Conor has quickly become the biggest joke in MMA, everything he said about how the fight game was on its knees, how everyone would beg to fight him and change their 'bum life' and how he'd rest on his balls on a bunch of midget featherweight ended up being completely true about him.

He's the one now begging to fight Nate.
He's the one who used to depend on the government for assistance.
He's the one who couldn't hurt a heavier fighter and couldn't eat shots from a bigger guy.

What a fall.

I agree with him for the most part tho
Are you saying that only a championship fighter knows what another championship fighter looks like?

McGregor-Inc-Shots-Fired-747x370.jpg

RIP Mcgregor

I hope you realize that Alvarez is a former champion and has been in multiple, drawn out fights. If someone knows anything about adversity, it's definitely him.

In Bellator?

Look, I'm not discrediting what he said because he isn't a UFC champion, but c'mon. He's getting a title shot cause he bare hugged Anthony Pettis for 3 rounds, and looked gassed afterwards. He doesn't need to be giving Conor any tips, he should focus on RDA

I don't think he would have gotten this far if he didn't know how to deal with adversity. He wouldn't have beat Holloway under those circumstances, for instance. He wouldn't have beat Chad Mendes after their fourst* round.

And I'm not even one of his nuthuggers. I even make fun of him every now and then. I just think what Alvarez said is nonsense and he should worry about the beating RDA will give him.

*"first" in Irish.

Well Eddie he can't wrestle so he doesn't have the option of laying on a fighter like you do.

Even if he does use his
energy more efficiently,
if he can't KO someone
within 3 rounds, we'll see
the vast differences in
attrition between him
& the other fighters who
are equally or more talented..
Who HAVE been in the deep
waters of a 20, 25 minute fight

He's not wrong.

Conor has quickly become the biggest joke in MMA, everything he said about how the fight game was on its knees, how everyone would beg to fight him and change their 'bum life' and how he'd rest on his balls on a bunch of midget featherweight ended up being completely true about him.

He's the one now begging to fight Nate.
He's the one who used to depend on the government for assistance.
He's the one who couldn't hurt a heavier fighter and couldn't eat shots from a bigger guy.

What a fall.

Lol the fact that you take his trash talk so seriously is a bigger joke.

In Bellator?

Look, I'm not discrediting what he said because he isn't a UFC champion, but c'mon. He's getting a title shot cause he bare hugged Anthony Pettis for 3 rounds, and looked gassed afterwards. He doesn't need to be giving Conor any tips, he should focus on RDA

Bear hugged?

Eddie doesn't owe you shit. You should educate yourself on a fighter before bashing him for finally using an intelligent game plan. Just bleed, eh?

In Bellator?

Alvarez has made it into championship rounds (4-5). He's been rocked, hurt, cut, tired and still fought through it, Alvarez had been out through the ringer. Conor first fight that he showed weakness he kept staring at the ref to stand them up instead of fighting out of it & against Diaz he panic wreslted himself to a loss.

Back