How the F*&% did Rashad get KO'd so easily?

MayhemMonkeyy

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Rashad went from Machida having to punch him repeatedly with all his might to knock him out, doing okay on the standup with Jon Jones, to getting KTFO by not even that hard of a shot by Glover. I mean look at the gif he's fukking sleeping! This was so sad for me to watch. Been watching Shad forever and seeing him get KO'd like this really made me feel old.

On top of everything Glover and Rashad are the same age!

Also, why wasn't he going for takedowns? Wtf was his gameplan? He just backed up against the cage the whole time it was the weirdest thing.

Long career fighting at the top of the division. Also, I hear they spar pretty hard at the Blackzillians...

Glover also has lunch boxes for fists.

Combination of glover hits fucking hard and a long career.

Glover has Anvils at the ends of his wrists.

Plus, shad is up there in age, and wear & tear.

Last edited:
Look at Glover's arms and chest. The dude is built like a slightly smaller Shane Carwin bro.

Well, that show's you the kind of power that Glove has? Sometimes it's not about landing the hardest shots, it's about landing the most unexpected shot, the one you don't see coming.

Glover can generate a lot of power even with a short shot.

Rashad lost his it factor after the Phil Davis fight. He looks soulless nowadays. Like he's just going through the motions.

Glover is a killer and Rashad is past his prime and lost to a well passed his prime little nog?

I don't think it's extremely surprising. I would have been surprised if it was a jab or something, but Rashad has been dropped several times. He has always had good recovery adn he actually didn't get KTFO by the left hook. Glover hits hard so the left hook dropping him isn't too crazy, and Rashad isn't out yet because he has good recovery. The difference between this and the couple of other times he gets dropped is that he is against the cage with Glover moving forward and Glover quickly lands one more to really put Rashad out.

Rashad is not in his prime anymore but that sequence could have happened while he was in his prime.

You never know what really happens in the gym unless you're there.

We hear they go pretty ape shit at Blackzillians

Tyrone Spong, Rumble Johnson, Vitor....

Something tells me Rashad hasnt had a clean track record when it comes to being stunned/flash ko'd in hard sparring or helping them prepare in their hard sparring

Another thing that Glover does really well, is that he keeps his feet planted while he throws, it doesn't take away power and he doesn't need as much wind up to generate power, as we can see.

Because Glover has pillow fists and Rashad was completely aware of the punch before it didn't hit him right on the button.

If you let Glover get you against the cage, you're going to have a bad time.

Is this a serious question? lol

He's never been known to have an iron chin and Glover hits REALLY hard.

Back