How long will (should) Mickey Gall wait?

Rockapotomuss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This guy already has a name now. He's young, and could jump back in right now if he wanted to. How long will he wait for a fight that will never happen? I think he should take a fight immediately.

He should be chasing another fight right now. Kids got a future and Punk is pretty likely to never fight. Yes if they do he will make a name for himself but is it going to compensate as an alternative to 2 or 3 fights he could have before then? Doubt it.

Depends how much they pay him to destroy punk obviously.

He should definitely take a fight. I heard CM Punk isn't even back training yet. While he should have been cleared to train weeks ago. I think CM Punk is seriously reconsidering this MMA thing. While Gall is just twiddling his thumbs on the shelf. Healthy and ready to fight.

Gall waiting for CM Punk debut.

2ae.jpg

Gall is now much too experienced for Punk. Gall is too good for Punk and they will need to find somebody else.

The last time I heard Punk was aiming to fight on November/December 2016. There is no reason to keep another fighter on shelf for that long; and the chances are Punk will delay the match again.

The kid should just fight again, maybe a low level TUF reject with a similar record and build him from there.

As for Punk, Dana should just find another opponent with the same "credentials" as Punk:
*big UFC fan
*dabbled in some martial arts
*traveled to UFC shows
*zero cage fight experience

That covers a good amount of Sherdoggers here. Come on Dana, have your pick of the bunch.

They just need to fire Punk already. He ruined this kid's big break.

They just need to fire Punk already. He ruined this kid's big break.

He gave the kid his break. We wouldn't know who he is if not for punk. Now the kid should move on with his life and build his own name. Take advantage of this opportunity. You only live once and I think 99% chance punk never fights.

He has a name as the guy they got to sit there and wait for CM Punk to be ready, not as a fighter.

Back