Rogan Can Be So Crazy (MM v JJ)

blazerkor

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Joe declares, without much thought, during an event that has Jones and Johnson in it, that Johnson had surpassed Jones for best pound for pound. I wish he had someone with more brains than Goldie that could intelligently ask, "How did you come to that conclusion" Then Joe could tell everyone that he's thought MM was the best for a while now and we could all discount his opinion.

MM had a great fight at 197 but he is fighting in a division that lacks talent. He fought a guy who was an Olympic gold medalist at wrestling and has been training striking for a few years. How would that guy ever contend with MM on the feet?

At the same time you have JJ coming back from a huge layoff, fighting a replacement fighter with unorthodox striking, on short notice which everyone knows JJ hates and he breaks OSP's arm and dominates him in every round. Jones didn't even tire despite the fact that he was chasing for a running OSP for 3+ rounds.

I was extremely impressed with Jones and really think MM needs to move to a better division before he can be crowned P4P best. Jones is riding an undefeated 22 fight career (I really know that the Hamill fight should be the 23rd win but I'm just taking it out because it was a debacle and definitely not a loss) and you have MM who has won 10 straight after having a loss followed by a draw in his FLW debut. Jones has fought a who's who of LHW greats and every newcomer that makes it to him... and he's won every fight. Not that it's Johnson's fault but he's fought Benavidez twice, Dodson twice and a whole bunch of cans. So yeah Joe likes technique and MM is very technical but how in the hell does Rogan think MM resume puts him past Jones as P4P king.

I was thinking this was a MM vs Jędrzejczyk thread.

The last time Jones finished someone of his division was back when he was like 23. He is 28 now. And the last he finished someone was a MW, before the Gus fight, so it has been a long time.

DJ looks more impressive and dominant.

I dont think you guys understand when a division lacks talent.

It is kind of a joke honestly. Jones has been on top a lot longer against much better competition, but MM looks more impressive on one night and people want to jump at the shiny new object. Not that MM is Miguel Torres but he was lauded as a P4P elite for a long time and being compared to someone like GSP who was in a far more stacked division.

even tho many LHWs of the last generation are MWs now, jones beat too many credible former champions to think that mm would be ahead of him. its silly to think that. its little kid mcgregor/ronda/xbox/twitch+FRAM hype.

Here's my take.

Jon Jones stomps tiny Mouse and nothing Rogan says with a passion will change that.

MM had a great fight at 197 but he is fighting in a division that lacks talent. He fought a guy who was an Olympic gold medalist at wrestling and has been training striking for a few years. How would that guy ever contend with MM on the feet?

Sounds a lot like Jon's best win, DC, except DC wasn't a gold medalist and Jon didn't finish him at all, let alone in the 1st round.

Jon Jones - Undefeated, never been beaten. Faced the best LHW's for years.

Mighty Mouse - got thrown around like a dolly against Cruz and totally dominated, Got totally dominated by Brad Pickett. Had a draw against Mccall that everyone has Mccall winning and fightmetric proves Mccall clearly won. Fights in a really shallow division with prelim fighters that are not ready, getting title shots.

Joe declares, without much thought, during an event that has Jones and Johnson in it, that Johnson had surpassed Jones for best pound for pound. I wish he had someone with more brains than Goldie that could intelligently ask, "How did you come to that conclusion" Then Joe could tell everyone that he's thought MM was the best for a while now and we could all discount his opinion.

At the same time you have JJ coming back from a huge layoff, fighting a replacement fighter with unorthodox striking, on short notice which everyone knows JJ hates and he breaks OSP's arm and dominates him in every round. Jones didn't even tire despite the fact that he was chasing for a running OSP for 3+ rounds.

I was extremely impressed with Jones and really think MM needs to move to a better division before he can be crowned P4P best. Jones is riding an undefeated 22 fight career (I really know that the Hamill fight should be the 23rd win but I'm just taking it out because it was a debacle and definitely not a loss) and you have MM who has won 10 straight after having a loss followed by a draw in his FLW debut. Jones has fought a who's who of LHW greats and every newcomer that makes it to him... and he's won every fight. Not that it's Johnson's fault but he's fought Benavidez twice, Dodson twice and a whole bunch of cans. So yeah Joe likes technique and MM is very technical but how in the hell does Rogan think MM resume puts him past Jones as P4P king.

there is a lot of different ways to spin the osp vs jones fight. how the hell did he not finish a guy with no cardio and lets face it, shitty and inactive striking? the guy had one arm for a good portion of the fight too. watch what overeem did to gokhan saki who had a broken arm.

Johnson's championship reign has been phenomenal to watch. IMO, Jones is #1 p4p but Johnson is better overall if that makes sense. He has less weaknesses. We only think the FLW division is so shallow because Johnson has been tearing through everyone and the division is only what 3.5 years old?

Think what everyone seems to ignore is that starting with Shogun and going up to Jone's last fight w/ DC his opponents are a combined 26W/28L and 4 of those opponents are 185ers. Meanwhile MM's last 3 or 4 opponents are something like a combined 36-0 if you ignore their fights w/ MM. There's no doubt Jones is great, problem is more that the LHW division isn't what it used to be (less juicing, end of an era, etc.)

Jon Jones - Undefeated, never been beaten. Faced the best LHW's for years.

Mighty Mouse - got thrown around like a dolly against Cruz and totally dominated, Got totally dominated by Brad Pickett. Had a draw against Mccall that everyone has Mccall winning and fightmetric proves Mccall clearly won. Fights in a really shallow division with prelim fighters that are not ready, getting title shots.
How does MM losing earlier in his career relate? The dude is going to pass Silva's title defenses and will do so in dominating fashion. Jones unfortunately will never achieve that now.

Here's my take.

Jon Jones stomps tiny Mouse and nothing Rogan says with a passion will change that.

Eye pokes could be difficult due to the height difference. Jones by oblique kicks to the face.

How does MM losing earlier in his career relate? The dude is going to pass Silva's title defenses and will do so in dominating fashion. Jones unfortunately will never achieve that now.
Because its all relative to who you are facing for me, his opponents are prelim fighters and would never get a title shot in any other division. The only way he can prove it to me is he fights at 135 against the top 5 guys and beats them all, but he won't do that because he knows what awaits him. Jones is the best, and he never lost no belt in a fight thats for sure.

Sounds a lot like Jon's best win, DC, except DC wasn't a gold medalist and Jon didn't finish him at all, let alone in the 1st round.

Henry Cejudo started fighting in 2013 and never had to fight Benavidez or Dodson. Cormier had been fighting since 5 years when he fought Jones and had gone threw Hendo, Bigfoot, Big Country and Josh Barnett before he got to Jones. Also I don't know if DC is Jones' best win. Shogun when he beat Shogun was huge, Machida was a great win, Gus was tough and a big big win, TRT Vitor was a fantastic win too. The thing is people look at the DC win as the biggest because they hate each other and DC was given Jon's belt without beating him. Jon whooped DC for 4 rounds and DC edged out one round in their first fight... that's hardly Jon's hardest fight or best win.

You just described cormier but without the medal......And 205 has a top 5 guy who is 1-3 in his last 4.I mean look at the lhw top 10 its talent stacked.Shogun/Lil nog/Manuwa/Bader

And if Jones and MM were both 6 foot and weighed 205 pounds with a 78 inch reach who do you think would win? thats what p4p means when everyone is the same size who wins

Maybe ... just maybe ... The UFC is trying to pump their least popular champion and it's not Joe Rogan making the call there.

Maybe

Back