Is anyone picking Francimar Barroso to beat Krylov?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was looking at the fight card of UFC Rotterdam next Sunday, and then I seen that Krylov is fighting Barroso, I immediately though "who?" but then I had a look at his record. He is 18-4, (8 wins by ko, 6 by sub and 4 by decision and 3 loses via ko). He is 36 and last fought at the Chicago event with Dillashaw and Barao 2.

Who do you think wins?

I am with Krylov, but I am just curious if anybody is siding with Barroso.

I'm a big fan of Nikita Krylov, so I will pick him everytime.

Picking Krylov, don't remember Francimar.

If I recall Barroso is a tough guy to look good against. Krylov will do so anyways and win handily. Krylov is the real deal and I think will be a contender soon.

I remember watching Barroso's last 2-3 fights on fight pass during live events.... One of the most boring fighter out there in UFC

I'm going with Krylov, The only fight I remember of Barroso was his fight against Jimmo and it was a utter snoozefest, I think most of the crowd were asleep, I certainly was sleepy watching it on TV. Krylov should win.

Who-animated-GIF.gif

If I recall Barroso is a tough guy to look good against. Krylov will do so anyways and win handily. Krylov is the real deal and I think will be a contender soon.
Pretty much this. Barroso is ok but Krylov should beat him no doubt. It's honestly almost a gimme fight for Al Capone.

Since I dont really remember any of Barroso's fights, I cannot say if he is boring or not. But since I dont remember any of his fights, that must mean he is boring. Go Krylov.

Barroso is the most boring fighter on the roster, every single one of his UFC fights have been STINKING.

So yes, he'll probably win another turgid decision.

If we break down their styles:
Barroso is an out-fighter who sits mostly outside of either fighter's range. Low-volume striking, single shots, mostly with hands. Likes to fence lean and grind from top control (although not a great wrestler). Cardio is questionable, but not terrible.

Krylov is also an out-fighter, but very different one. Throws, I think, more volume than anyone else in LHW division. Mostly known for his kicks which are admittedly not quite powerful, but effective. Good in the clinch with knees and short punches. A willing grappler, not positionally sound, but very, very opportunistic and thus dangerous. He's only gone past the first round once and gassed horribly, so we don't know about his cardio in long run either.

The problem for Barroso will be that he throws so little in comparison to Krylov that he'll have to outwrestle Krylov to win rounds. And I don't know if he can avoid getting into scrambles where Krylov can either stand up or snatch a submission.

I will say that: this fight might mark the first time Krylov meets the judges.

Krylov is one hard fighter pick for or against. You never know what he's going to look like come fight night.
I also kinda root for Krylov because of how much Breen has just talked so much shit about him and how he sucks etc.

Back