Agree or disagree - MW division has the most well rounded elite fighters

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
This isn't necessarily to say they are the 'best' fighters (although it could be used as a point in making that argument), but do you think it is true that MW has the most well rounded group of top fighters? Rockhold, Weidman and Jacare all seem like really complete fighters with good striking, wrestling, and BJJ (which is missing from a lot of elites in other divisions), Romero has insanely dangerous striking along with elite wrestling and while we don't know how his offensive BJJ is, he was confident enough to hang out in Jacare's guard and beat on him, and Vitor is a terrifying striker with proven BJJ, although wrestling is a weakness for him.

Is there another division with an equally well rounded top 5, or MW king in this regard?

At least compared to what it used to be, yea.

I think that's safe to say. The MW top guys are a great group.

MW is the deepest division in UFC right now by far

This isn't necessarily to say they are the 'best' fighters (although it could be used as a point in making that argument), but do you think it is true that MW has the most well rounded group of top fighters? Rockhold, Weidman and Jacare all seem like really complete fighters with good striking, wrestling, and BJJ (which is missing from a lot of elites in other divisions), Romero has insanely dangerous striking along with elite wrestling and while we don't know how his offensive BJJ is, he was confident enough to hang out in Jacare's guard and beat on him, and Vitor is a terrifying striker with proven BJJ, although wrestling is a weakness for him.

Is there another division with an equally well rounded top 5, or MW king in this regard?

MW is good but I think WW is the deepest. Look at the top 15 in each, none of the WW top 15 are relying on there reputation while they free fall... also there are no WWs in the top 15 who are down at the level of CB Dollaway. MW is a fine division but WW is better for now and has a brighter future.

MW is good but I think WW is the deepest. Look at the top 15 in each, none of the WW top 15 are relying on there reputation while they free fall... also there are no WWs in the top 15 who are down at the level of CB Dollaway. MW is a fine division but WW is better for now and has a brighter future.

Well I didn't say best or deepest, but was focusing on the top 5 being the most well rounded top 5.

I'm liking the bantamweight division.

Cruz
Faber
Dillashaw
Almeida
Barao
Sterling
McDonald

MW definitely has my favorite Top 5, and I would agree the top guys are probably the most well rounded fighters in the UFC. The deepest I would say goes to LW while the division with the most up and coming talent goes to BW.

Lhw top five is a monster. Dc jones rumble and Gus. Fill in who you want at 5. Lw is badass too. Rda, Eddie, khabib, tony, and probably Nate. Cowboy is there too. Ww is buck nasty at the top. Robbie, Maia woodley Hendricks macdonald wonderboy. Who is top five and who isn't? Mw is a motherfucker though. Fw is good too. Conor, aldo, Frankie, max, and I would go with mendes because he destroys anyone not in the top five and I'm not convinced he would lose to Conor with a full camp. Bw is coming too.

Lightweight, welterweight and middleweight are the deepest and IMO the most well rounded, RDA, Kahbib, Cerrone Barboza, Condit, Lawler, Tyrone, Rockhold, Wiedman, Belfort the list goes on.

Well I didn't say best or deepest, but was focusing on the top 5 being the most well rounded top 5.
Top 5 is even harder to figure but looking at it right now, MW is definitely right there. When looking at the top 5s, all of them are really strong and it's really hard to say which one is best. I can tell you that FLW is the worst, other than that... they're all pretty damn impressive and I wouldn't fault you for saying that MW is best because I can't tell you why it's not. It's really interesting to think about and I definitely can't disagree with you when you say MW is the best because it's awesome.

I'd say probably LW

Disagree heavily, Weidman and Rockhold can't even box.

Back