Do you view UFC as a sport?

real2124

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
We can all agree MMA is a sport.

Heck, it's a combination of combat sports.

Just look at the athletes on the UFC roster with expertise (and often Olympian medals) in wrestling, BJJ, boxing and on the list goes.

But let's look at UFC.

Ridiculous hype jobs.
Instant rematches galore.
WWE promotional style.
Hilarious attempts at trash talk.
Super stars with fragile ego's.

Do you feel UFC represents MMA as a sport or is it just entertainment full of hyperboles and drama?

As long as the fights are real,then yes its a sport league.

No.

I don't view MMA as a sport either.

It's a fight. Or at least an approximation of one.

no, MMA is the sport..... the UFC is a promotional sports company

We can all agree MMA is a sport.

Heck, it's a combination of combat sports.

Just look at the athletes on the UFC roster with expertise (and often Olympian medals) in wrestling, BJJ, boxing and on the list goes.

But let's look at UFC.

Ridiculous hype jobs.
Instant rematches galore.
WWE promotional style.
Hilarious attempts at trash talk.
Super stars with fragile ego's.

Do you feel UFC represents MMA as a sport or is it just entertainment full of hyperboles and drama?

The UFC is the largest and most legit MMA org that has ever existed. If the UFC doesn't represent the sport of MMA then we are fucked. Might as well stop watching it now.

Of course it's a sport. But unfortunately the biggest organization that represents it is very shady.

What matters is what happens in the cage, and that makes it a sport.

I avidly follow many sports and I wouldn't consider "UFC"(MMA) to be a sport.

I enjoy it, and have been a hardcore practitioner and supporter for many years but MMA still has a way to go before being considered a serious sport.

Rankings dont mean squat, match making is spotty, promotion is cheesy, and fighter management in general is inconsistent.

Its just very skilled fighters on a Sports Entertainment-like platform imo.

What kind of stupid fucking question is this? Do i view the NFL as a sport? No, Its a fucking organization, football is the sport.

MMA is a sport and the UFC is an organization. The MMA fights in the UFC are sporting events by every fucking possible definition. Anyone arguing against that is an idiot.

Was baseball in the MLB not a sport because the shit show from the steroid era?

I consider it a part of MMA, which is a sport. Just because the UFC is run by MMA's equivalent of Don King doesn't mean the fighters aren't athletes. I sure would be a lot happier without the bullshit though.

I avidly follow many sports and I wouldn't consider "UFC"(MMA) to be a sport.

I enjoy it, and have been a hardcore practitioner and supporter for many years but MMA still has a way to go before being considered a serious sport.

Rankings dont mean squat, match making is spotty, promotion is cheesy, and fighter management in general is inconsistent.

Its just very skilled fighters on a Sports Entertainment-like platform imo.

Yeah, by definition its a sport no matter what you think

MMA is the sport, UFC are a leading platform, at least until Europe becomes more invested.

Sport by definition is: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

MMA is the sport, the UFC is the a sports promotion.

YES! They have uniforms and ranking systems!

NO! It's a spectacle. The rankings are biased!

Repeat for 5 pages.

MMA is a port. People don't seem to understand the actual definition of words.

sport
spôrt/
noun
  1. 1.
    an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Back