Did y'all see what those Khabib fans did to that Reebok store?

subMOA

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
For some reason, I lmao when I saw this. Love him or hate him, he's got a very fervent fan base back home. Why wouldn't the UFC want him holding that strap? Seriously, does anyone know why the UFC avoids Russia?

The bib is legit. Nice to see someone have hype who actually has a well rounded game and doesn't just talk his way into big fights...I'm looking at you Leprechaunnor.

When's the last time they had a show there?

How many fighters are Russian, and could they actually profit from having shows there?

Remember Khabib hasn't been active in 2 years until Horsher

How many fighters are Russian, and could they actually profit from having shows there?

How many fighters are German, Irish, Croatian...

The guy from the static image looks like Nate's and Cub Swanson's adult child.

Even with injuries nobody was trying to fight Khabib except the Diaz bros outside the cage. Tony even had to injure himself to avoid a loss

For some reason, I lmao when I saw this. Love him or hate him, he's got a very fervent fan base back home. Why wouldn't the UFC want him holding that strap? Seriously, does anyone know why the UFC avoids Russia?

Did you miss the Cold War, the Cuban Missile Crisis, and decades of human history that don't factor into your America-centric worldview? You think the UFC as a corporation can expand without limits into North Korea and Iran as well?

How many fighters are German, Irish, Croatian...

Well thats kind of my point. You can only do but so many shows in small fighting countries. Khabib is the biggest Russian fighter and he hasn't been fighting. If he becomes champion, I could see some cards being held in Russia, but I don't see how UFC is avoiding Russia?

Looks like a bomb went off in there. Reebok is the great Satan

150 million fairly affluent people, just seems strange. They've done tons of shows in much smaller markets with no ranked countrymen.

Well thats kind of my point. You can only do but so many shows in small fighting countries. Khabib is the biggest Russian fighter and he hasn't been fighting. If he becomes champion, I could see some cards being held in Russia, but I don't see how UFC is avoiding Russia?

Russia is not a small fighting country...

MMA is absolutely massive there. It's bigger than any country outside of Brazil and USA.

And for the record, Oleg Taktarov was 1st Russian UFC champ, so Khabib will never earn that title.

Despite what the UFC wants us to believe, you don't HAVE to have an even full of fighters from the Country the event is at. People like/love MMA for the sport, not for the Country the fighters represent. Sure that helps them gain fans, but wouldn't holding events in general generate more fans for the fighters?

Also, the UFC wants to host shows in India, Malaysia, Thailand, and other Countries that have 0 to very few fighters in the organization representing it.

Russia is not a small fighting country...

MMA is absolutely massive there. It's bigger than any country outside of Brazil and USA.

The same could be said about Japan, but UFC almost never holds shows there, because there are barely any Japanese fighters.

150 million fairly affluent people, just seems strange. They've done tons of shows in much smaller markets with no ranked countrymen.

Internationally sanctioned, neighbor invading nutters, run by a dictator and with a local mafia pretending to be a fight federation? Why the fuck would the need to hold UFC Moscow?

Back