What were the most amusing opinions you had as a newer viewer?

Fight To Win

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I remember watching guys like Jake Shields and Josh Koscheck fight - specifically Shields in the Mayhem fight lol - and thinking "Why is the guy even wearing gloves lol? This is basically a formality. He's just holding him down."

What are the most amusing viewpoints - in hindsight - that you had back when you first started watching?

Why can't he break the other guys fingers when he gets put in a choke?

For a long time i didn't understand what the pressure point in a triangle choke was.

This Mike Golberg guy will really know his stuff in a few years!

I thought Gonzega was going to destroy everyone when I saw him kill Crocop as the first UFC I watched.

Not amusing. But I remember thinking ''So this is what a REAL fight looks like". I had been so brainwashed by movies and other fake forms of fighting that I thought thats what a fight looked like.

I felt connected to Tito right away because we both have extraordinary heads and both are bosses.

But yeah, first time watching 2 grapplers go at it was like
ad2c99ae4c5cf0f09ae6d70533e9aa91-650-80.jpg

11568212.jpg

Bisping vs Hendo

"What the fuck? Someone check if he's breathing"

I thought BJJ was the be all end all, and that Rickson was the greatest fighter ever.

Late 90s

Pedro Rizzo was the best fighter in the world. Even in about 2004 I thought he had a decent style to beat Fedor.

I really didn't understand at all what was going on on the ground for a long time. Now I understand a lot of it. Still learning all the time though.

I mentally jacked off my confirmation bias by searching for Pride/Strikeforce Vids of styles like muaythai and sambo "beating" BJJ practitioners cause I hated the Gracies.

Needless to say I was humbled eventually.

when severn made his debut and "discipline: wrestling" i lol'd. my thoughts: wrestling isnt a martial art, whats he gonna do, pin him?

I thought Fedor was the best ever

1st event i ever saw i witnessed Frank Mir break Timmays arm, so i thought that was cool.

At the time I thought Shammy would wreck Tito.

I was so clueless.

I thought AA was unbeatable after him first Timmy fight.

My first exposure was a CroCop highlight reel. I thought it was impossible that anyone could beat him and all he had to do was land a single kick. Basically the Mike Tyson of MMA.

Back