We don't have a GOAT in the sport yet

Alex

HAHAHA LMFAO LOL
@Black
Reaction score
What is your criteria to a GOAT?
If we had a true GOAT like Michael Jordan was in basketball, this topic wouldn't be so debatable.
Face it, a GOAT in MMA simply does not exist.
Yes, there are legends, warriors, champions and overall fighters that deserve huge amounts of respect but no GOAT yet.

Fedor - Fought a lot of cans, lost 3 times in a row while still being relatively young.
Anderson Silva - fought cans, lost to cans in Japan, lost to Weidman twice, caught using steroids.
GSP - Has some losses, arguably lost to Hendricks, didn't fight Silva, retired too early from the sport and IMO, a point, LnP fighter can't be considered a true GOAT.
Jones - Arguably lost to Alex, pulled out from short notice Chael, barely won against 3 weeks notice OSP, became a point fighter like GSP.
Aldo - Too passive in his recent fights, lost to Conor in 13 seconds.
DJ - Got ragdolled by Cruz, fights in a shallow division, IMO to small to be compared to bigger/average size humans.
Cruz - Hasn't been tested enough, avoids fighting his opponents, a true point fighter.
Werdum - Hasn't been tested enough as a champ, lost multiple times before that.

So, can we put the GOAT discussion to bed?

Michael Jordan-Cut from his HS team, took 2 years off to play baseball and failed. Not top 20 in assists.

The NBA has no goat either... And neither would any sport with absurd criteria like some of these.

I would not even consider Jordan the conclusive greatest OAT in basketball history. Opinions vary on that, some people say it is Chamberlain or Kareem.

Jordan is NBA goat. Undefeated in 6 finals. GOAT.

We have no Mma goat. Sports too young. The closest is silva,jones.gsp. Switch the order to your liking

I would not even consider Jordan the conclusive greatest OAT in basketball history. Opinions vary on that, some people say it is Chamberlain or Kareem.
And those people need to fuck off

OP is GOAT of shitty, illegitimate reasons why Bones isn't GOAT.

Losses don't take you out of GOAT discussion, that is just fucking ridiculous.

And the only correct answer to the GOAT question is Fedor.

Why does losing automatically make a fighter exempt from GOAT status? I bet you're the type of guy that think mayweather is boxing's GOAT.

Lol, Jordan was brought as an example of someone who has very little debate about him being the greatest.
A GOAT shouldn't be so much debatable, therefore we don't have one.

tumblr_m4h1eo6L611ru255vo1_250.gif

Stick to video games bro, so you can quickly reboot the system when you lose.

the concept of GOAT is so subjective and have so many variables that try to point out a single 100%hit in ANY sport is borderline silly.

What is your criteria to a GOAT?
If we had a true GOAT like Michael Jordan was in basketball, this topic wouldn't be so debatable.
Face it, a GOAT in MMA simply does not exist.
Yes, there are legends, warriors, champions and overall fighters that deserve huge amounts of respect but no GOAT yet.

Fedor - Fought a lot of cans, lost 3 times in a row while still being relatively young.
Anderson Silva - fought cans, lost to cans in Japan, lost to Weidman twice, caught using steroids.
GSP - Has some losses, arguably lost to Hendricks, didn't fight Silva, retired too early from the sport and IMO, a point, LnP fighter can't be considered a true GOAT.
Jones - Arguably lost to Alex, pulled out from short notice Chael, barely won against 3 weeks notice OSP, became a point fighter like GSP.
Aldo - Too passive in his recent fights, lost to Conor in 13 seconds.
DJ - Got ragdolled by Cruz, fights in a shallow division, IMO to small to be compared to bigger/average size humans.
Cruz - Hasn't been tested enough, avoids fighting his opponents, a true point fighter.
Werdum - Hasn't been tested enough as a champ, lost multiple times before that.

So, can we put the GOAT discussion to bed?
Anderson is goat

Why does losing automatically make a fighter exempt from GOAT status? I bet you're the type of guy that think mayweather is boxing's GOAT.

You shouldn't bet, you'll lose everything this way.
No, I don't think there is a GOAT in boxing either.
In MMA - if a fighter lost, in most cases it means there was a fighter who was better than him in one or more aspects of the fighting game, so, it would be logical to assume he's not the "GREATEST", certainly not "OF ALL TIME".

You shouldn't bet, you'll lose everything this way.
No, I don't think there is a GOAT in boxing either.
In MMA - if a fighter lost, in most cases it means there was a fighter who was better than him in one or more aspects of the fighting game, so, it would be logical to assume he's not the "GREATEST", certainly not "OF ALL TIME".

You shouldn't Watch MMA because no fighter will ever live up to your unrealistic standards. You shouldn't post threads either because you come across as a retard.

I'm curious though, who is your perceived GOAT in MMA and Boxing using your criteria?

Back