UFC 201

blazerkor

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I would almost guarantee that it's McGregor v Diaz. Why would the UFC walk away from the hype around this match? I guarantee that Conor still wants it, we know that it's what Nate wants. It doesn't matter that Nate is on vacation because that event will be like 3 months from now. So they will get a big PPV buy rate for 200 because it's 200 and because of Jones/DC 2 and then they get a huge PPV buy rate right after. The UFC wins and probably pays Conor a little less.

I could see them doing this fight in London or Manchester seating more than 20,000. They go McGregor v Diaz main and then Bisping v MW champ if healthy or the Vitor/Jacare winner if MW champ not ready co-main. After that they could fight Reem if he's healthy vs another top HW, Gus v Bader, and Manuwau v Krylov if Krylov wins this Saturday. Every fight has at least one European in it. I think they could break the gate record with this card. I also think it sells 1M plus PPVs. The under card would get filled with other euro fighters like Saffiedine, Magomedov and Tumenov who could all fight American opponents. The card would be huge now and infuse even more excitement from the British Isles all the way to Russia.

Conor doesn't want it. The press conference debacle was because he was afraid to turn up and look Nate in the eye face to face. He's gone running and I don't think he'll be back.

Last edited:
We don't know that. Dana hasn't talked to Conor's managers for awhile. If Conor agrees to fight at 201 + media obligations, he's basically conceding to Lorenzo. Chances are Conor is more stubborn than that, and will keep fighting for his alpha status til the bitter end, and Lorenzo will keep him on ice as long as he does.

Conor might not even fight in 2016, we'll see.

Sure as long as he's being stripped of his belt.

I dont care ... i just want Michael "Mayday" Mcdonald on that goddam card

Dana has stated multiple times that Conor will fight the winner of Aldo/Edgar. If that truly is the case, don't expect Conor to fight again til at least October. That is of course, barring that the winner of Aldo/Edgar has no serious injuries or a lengthy medical suspension. I don't see Conor and Nate ever fighting again.

who the fuck is even hyped for this match? Diaz already beat his ass, you filthy casuals

Dana has stated multiple times that Conor will fight the winner of Aldo/Edgar. If that truly is the case, don't expect Conor to fight again til at least October. That is of course, barring that the winner of Aldo/Edgar has no serious injuries or a lengthy medical suspension. I don't see Conor and Nate ever fighting again.
This. Dana can play hardball all they want but IMO they have to put Conor on the NY card. Jones vs Rumble and Conor vs Aldo/Edgar winner. I know Miesha talked up Rousey in NY but the more time goes by and more tearful breakdowns she has on camera the less I think we'll even see RRR again

This. Dana can play hardball all they want but IMO they have to put Conor on the NY card. Jones vs Rumble and Conor vs Aldo/Edgar winner. I know Miesha talked up Rousey in NY but the more time goes by and more tearful breakdowns she has on camera the less I think we'll even see RRR again
I'm always right. My posts are always accurate.

I'm always right. My posts are always accurate.
Expect the main and co mains of NY to be Jones vs Rumble/Glover winner and Ronda vs Tate/Nunes winner. Almost guaranteed. My posts are always accurate.

Conor doesn't want it. The press conference debacle was because he was afraid to turn up and look Nate in the eye face to face. He's gone running and I don't thing he'll be back.

I've seen nothing to validate what you are saying, I think that your deduction is possible but not probable. He wants to be ready for Nate because he now respects him not because he's afraid. I still think the fight will go down.

I dont think we will see Conor again until the December card. UFC can easily stack the NY card without him and I think Aldo/Edgar will be quite the war resulting in a lengthy medical suspension for both fighters. I'm always right. My posts are always accurate.

I haven't seen anything about that and Dana saying that he expects Conor to fight so soon after 200 would actually mean the opposite. Dana just said Conor could fight at 201 or 202, that doesn't point toward fighting the winner of a fight at 200.

who the fuck is even hyped for this match? Diaz already beat his ass, you filthy casuals
I'm anything but a casual but that is who is hyped for this fight. Oh and don't fool yourself, all of us hardcores will watch it too especially if it has that kind of card behind it. I also think Nate is hyped for this rematch, because he said he's only interested in fighting Conor. Aren't you down to see Nate kick Conor's ass again?

I haven't seen anything about that and Dana saying that he expects Conor to fight so soon after 200 would actually mean the opposite. Dana just said Conor could fight at 201 or 202, that doesn't point toward fighting the winner of a fight at 200.
Did u not see the recent press conference or any interviews Dana has done since? I'm not pulling this shit out of my ass. Dana has stated more than once that Conor is likely to fight the winner of Aldo/Edgar. He has also stated that Conor could possibly fight as soon as 201/202 but using logic he is only saying that to keep the Conor fans at bay.

There's a bit of a contradiction going around with the UFC's comments. One the one hand, they've said Conor will fight on 201 or 202. On the other, they've said Conor will fight the winner of Jose/Frankie. But those two stories aren't compatible as 201 and even 202 are likely too close to 200 for the winner to be ready in < 2 months.

I agree with you TS. I think he'll fight Nate, if not at 201 then at 202. If they go to Europe to do the event, they'll either have to hold it in a weird timezone like they did with the Stockholm Fox show, or just take a hit on PPV. If they're willing to do either of those things then it'd have to be held in a stadium to justify it. I have no doubt Conor could fill a stadium. Choice #1 would be Croke Park, but Dana has spoken of some of the logisitcal problems with that, so they could a different stadium in Ireland or England if not that, like Aviva or Wembley. But there's yet another problem with holding in event outdoors in the UK, and that's the weather.

It'd suck for Conor to miss both 200 and MSG. But the layoff between 196 and MSG is pretty long, especially by Conor's standards, so I expect him to fight before then.

I've seen nothing to validate what you are saying, I think that your deduction is possible but not probable. He wants to be ready for Nate because he now respects him not because he's afraid. I still think the fight will go down.
You've given @Snowy1 too much respect. Don't take anybody who think Conor is ducking Nate seriously.

Robbie Lawler is defending his belt at UFC 201 against Tyrone Woodley, you heard it here ;)

Back