Jones and Fedor 22-1 at 28

Graceland

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Just realized that at the age of 28 Fedor had the same record as Bones right now at the same age. 22-1 with the loss not "real".

At this point he was still improving, facing prime CroCop in his next fight, and beating the likes of Hunto and Arlovski across the next three years before starting to decline by 2009 at 33...

You can only stay at the top of the game so long and I think the next 3-5 years it will be very interesting to see how Jones develops.

I remember how exciting it was to observe his amazing improvement between each fight, but that already seems to be history...

Edit: 28 not 29

Last edited:
Everyone loses eventually. For Jones it will be a flash KO that ends his streak.

That's actually pretty awesome

Went to war with Gus, but other than that he's pretty well preserved.

Time on the shelf was time he wasn't damaging anything other than his septum and RAP sheet.

Agreed tho, it'll be interesting to see how Jones handles age, as all the guys he made his name on have had to handle it.

Nice observation....two of the greatest light heavyweights in mma history having similar records at the same age.

"amazing improvement between each fight" ....

Are we talking about the same Fedor?!?!

Everyone loses eventually. For Jones it will be a flash KO that ends his streak.

Someone's going to get in Jones' head and talk personal shit to him.
Then knock him out.......second part is easier said then done. First part can be accomplished pretty easily I believe. A cop riled him up. Imagine constant McGregor-Sonnen type trash talk and personals.

I think the mental aspect is often more challenging then the physical decline. Doing something for longtime can lead to deficiencies and bad habits. I think Jon Jones getting away from the game due to his eventful circumstances may help him breath fresh air into his career. Of course, it could also hurt him being rusty and all.

Just realized that at the age of 29 Fedor had the same record as Bones right now at the same age. 22-1 with the loss not "real".

At this point he was still improving, facing prime CroCop in his next fight, and beating the likes of Hunto and Arlovski across the next three years before starting to decline by 2009 at 33...

You can only stay at the top of the game so long and I think the next 3-5 years it will be very interesting to see how Jones develops.

I remember how exciting it was to observe his amazing improvement between each fight, but that already seems to be history...

I think we just didn't see his amazing improvements. You can't fight to your potential when you are making sure you make it to your next fight. For Jones, the OSP fight wasn't the most important in his life, DC was. Then there is the fact that OSP is a funky, unorthodox fighter that Jones had limited time to prepare for and we all know Jones is meticulous and cautious. Oh and with his new power Jones broke OSPs arm in the second which caused OSP to retreat the rest of the fight and made Jones' performance look less impressive. Still winning unanimously 50-45 against a top 10 HW is impressive. So we'll see that leap forward in skill when he takes the training wheels off against DC.

That's a cool observation, I'm too lazy to verify haha.

Someone's going to get in Jones' head and talk personal shit to him.
Then knock him out.......second part is easier said then done. First part can be accomplished pretty easily I believe. A cop riled him up. Imagine constant McGregor-Sonnen type trash talk and personals.

Yeah because DC didn't try the first part for their first fight. No one is getting in Jones' head because the guy doesn't care about his opponents' opinions. In all likelihood Jones will go to heavyweight at some point and if he stays there it's only a matter of time. No one can stay undefeated for a long time at HW, not in this day and age at least. If he stays at LHW then he will only lose if he stays too long.

I like how Rumble matches up with Jones, maybe he will be the one to do it.

Slightly different level of competition.

It's been more than 7 years since Fedor - Arlovski fougt. Feels like it was just yesterday. Time flies.

time.jpg

Fun stat TS, but Jones is only 28 and will fight DC before he's 29. Fedor was 23-1 when he turned 29 (most recent fight was against CroCop). So when (if?) Bones beats DC he and the HW GOAT will indeed have the same record.

And when Jose Aldo turned 29 he was 25-0 at FW, a larger, deeper, tougher division than either LHW or HW.

Fun stat TS, but Jones is only 28 and will fight DC before he's 29. Fedor was 23-1 when he turned 29 (most recent fight was against CroCop). So when (if?) Bones beats DC he and the HW GOAT will indeed have the same record.

Fun aside, when Jose Aldo turned 29 he was 25-0 at FW, a larger, deeper, tougher division than either LHW or HW.

lol

and Aldo lost.

Went to war with Gus, but other than that he's pretty well preserved.

Time on the shelf was time he wasn't damaging anything other than his septum and RAP sheet.

Agreed tho, it'll be interesting to see how Jones handles age, as all the guys he made his name on have had to handle it.
Haha! Bravo, good Sir.
7rj2ZgttvgomY.gif

lol

and Aldo lost.

LHW and HW are tiny, shallow as fuck divisions compared to FW, which is one of the deepest and has more fighters than those other two combined. And LHW and HW made up of athletic leftovers who couldn't make it in the big money sports. FW >>> LHW & HW, no contest.

And Aldo didn't lose at FW before he was 29.

Back