Prime Rampage vs. Cormier: How do you guys see it going?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you guys give a chance to Rampage win? Rampage in his prime was a mofo to takedown. Do you see him stuffing Cormier and then Tkoing him?

I see him getting rag dolled.. King mo was taking him down with ease, thought he won that fight (so did rampage)

Prime Cormier took guys down at will, combined with his great chin, cardio, and deceptively fast hands it could make for a long night for Page

DC via double leg slam murder.

(and I'm not a DC fan)

I always find it really difficult to say anything reasonable in absolutely impossible hypothetical matchups, but as tough as Rampage might have been, I don't think he would be able to stop a guy like DC.

I'd always give him a chance but I think DC would smother him to exhaustion. If he can throw Josh Barnett and ragdoll Hendo then I can't see Rampage being able to resist the pressure

The concept of prime is so misleading and too often brought up when a fighter has fought a lot worse fighter then the one being compared with.

You are only as good as in the present, you can't bend and twist stuff.

oh yea, i think he'd do really well - counter boxing and good wrestling and cardio - people would prob be surprised

oh yea, i think he'd do really well - counter boxing and good wrestling and cardio - people would prob be surprised

which...?

I see DC beating Prime Page by decision. DCs wrestling and his all around approach would be too much for Rampage.

It can be argued that the Rampage who fought Hendo was in his prime, so no, Cormier would likely throw him all over the cage. Granted, it's possible that Rampage could have landed a good shot on him.

After the fight Wampage will cry that he never fights guys that want to box with him.

Gruelling 5 round fight that DC wins by close decision. 48-47.

It's a tough matchup for Quinton, I think he could fight off a few takedowns and possibly catching DC with a big shot. However it would probably go down the same way Rumble vs DC went, DC pressuring Rampage for as long as it takes for him to gas out and break. Rampage in his prime was a damn savage though, fun fight.

The concept of prime is so misleading and too often brought up when a fighter has fought a lot worse fighter then the one being compared with.

You are only as good as in the present, you can't bend and twist stuff.
You're only as good as your last fight but of course you had a prime. Not sure how old you are but your wife probably agrees...= )

DC fucking crushes him, at any point in his career, imo.

Do you guys give a chance to Rampage win? Rampage in his prime was a mofo to takedown. Do you see him stuffing Cormier and then Tkoing him?
It's a great question because in his prime Rampage was so much quicker than DC. If it's pride rules then DC cant just hold Rampage down and that would mean he'd honestly have to fight him. Between Rampage's speed advantage, his amazing hands and knees, DC would likely get KOd at some point via knee, punch or slam. In a fight with today's rules DC would have an advantage he could stall Ramapage out but Rampage would still have the upper hand every time the fight was standing. It's a tough call to make, if DC's ego wouldn't let him stall then Rampage takes it. If DC is cool with conceding that Rampage is too good to actually try to finish, then it's likely DC.

I got DC via decision

I'd rather see prime Rumble and prime Rampage

johnson-kd-cormier.gif

nothing Rampage throws packs the power of this shot, and Cormier recovered quickly.

Back