Frankie says a win over Aldo means alot more than beating Conor

Diggem

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I would agree that Aldo vs Edgar is a much more meaningful fight than any fight that has Conor in it. Frankie knows that beating Aldo would be a bigger win for his career than beating Conor. The top two guys are Aldo and Edgar.

As Conor is the flash in the pan with a lucky punch. Conor is like the Bret Rogers who beat Arlovski,the Matt Serra who beat GSP as neither of which were ever able to repeat their performances as so it will be all down hill for Conor.

I forgot that aldo was Conor's only win.

Beating Aldo was certainly the pinnacle of Conor's career, why shouldn't it be for Edgar too?

aldos stock is still high. conors stock is low. this fight wont make as much money, but it will mean more to the division.

and it should be for conors vacated belt.

As it should. Not sure why beating a one dimensional guy who talks too much would mean more to him than Aldo. Frankie knows Conor's been ducking him. Aldo is a true legend. Conor knows his chicken legs wouldn't survive in a real fight against Aldo.

Perhaps morally but beating McGregor would really shine a lot of public spotlight on his career.

Conor is not just a Matt Serra. He's a lot more, he's a great fighter and he's not where he is because he got lucky. And even though I think Aldo is a better overall fighter than McGregor, beating Conor is a huge thing today. He's the draw, he's the one getting all the attention and more importantly, he's the champion. He's the one who ktfo of Aldo in 13 seconds.

But I'd pick Frankie over him all day. As a matter of fact, I think Edgar beats both Conor and Aldo.

unfortunately a lot of people will down play it if he wins since Mcgregor already beat him and with ease

That should be a nobrainer. Aldo is the FW GOAT and Frankie would be avenging a loss.

Conor hasn't even defended the belt yet.

He's correct. Putting that name on your resume in the long run is more impressive. Not just because he avenges a loss by beating him but he's a more complete fighter and in time he will be remembered as a greater fighter than McGregor.

aldos stock is still high. conors stock is low. this fight wont make as much money, but it will mean more to the division.

and it should be for conors vacated belt.

Dana measures a fighter's stock based on how they sell cards. In that regard Connor > Aldo.

Eprg8.gif

Back