Main Events for UFC 201 - 204

SeoulRome

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
International Fight Week will feature five title fights (LW, WSW, WBW, Interim FW, LHW). The month before at UFC 199, there's two title fights as well (BW, MW), not to mention a HW championship bout at UFC 198. So, seven/eight (depends whether you count the interim one) of the ten titles defended between mid-May and early July.

Given that they've got to save some good stuff for 205 at MSG, who are the UFC going to put on top of UFC 201-204? Presumably McGregor will be on top of one, Lawler another, but that still leaves two PPV's without an obvious headliner unless one of the champs performs a really quick turnaround. Mighty Mouse could be an option, but there doesn't seem anyone for him to fight hence they're putting on this TUF season to create a new challenger.

What do you think the main events of UFC 201 - 204 will look like?

Mighty Mouse for all of them!

Jk

Maybe Werdum/Miocic winner will agree to a quick turnaround. I would appreciate when HW title (the real one) is defended more than once a year.

Cerrone gonna make it to all those cards

lol at MM being available and don't have a serious contender to fight, that's crazy

I hope for a quick return for Werdum/Stipe and Rockhold/Weidman for those cards, those divisions have some contenders

Maybe GSP could be main eventing one (it's not a title fight but they did it with Silva vs Nick)

UFC 201 Conor vs Diaz II
UFC 202 lawler vs woodley
UFC 203 nick Diaz vs bisping
UFC 204 RDA / Alverez vs Khabib

Demetrious will probably be on 201.

Werdum vs Cain II on 203-204 perhaps?

UFC 202 Lawler vs Woodley/Condit?

UFC 201 Conor vs Diaz II
UFC 202 lawler vs woodley
UFC 203 nick Diaz vs bisping
UFC 204 RDA / Alverez vs Khabib

lost me at bisping/diaz lol wtf

UFC 201 Lawler vs. Woodley
UFC 202 Connor vs. Diaz II
UFC 203 RDA / Khabib or no.1 contender and Silva/Romero
UFC 204 Jacare/Belfort winner vs. Rockhold
UFC 205 HW Title Fight, Mighty mouse, ronda comeback
UFC 206 Jones/Cormier vs. Glover/Rumble winner
UFC 207 Tate/Cyborg? WW titlefight

Also toss in Cerrone, edgar/aldo winner, barboza, JDS and bisping in there

My guess:

UFC 201: Lawler vs. Woodley (even though Woodley should be much further back in line) [July 30]
UFC 202: McGregor vs. Diaz II [late August or Labor Day weekend]
UFC 203: Werdum vs. Overeem III [late September]
UFC 204: Rockhold vs. Bisping [October]

Mighty Mouse doesn't work as a headliner. It's been proven too many times. He's a backup option.

I picked the HW title fight next just because that's the next title that gets defended. I'm picking Werdum to beat Stipe and Overeem to get the shot after beating Arlovski.

After that, I picked the MW title fight just because it happens next, along with the BW title fight. The MW title probably sells better than the BW one so is more likely to be headliner. At this point though, it could be one of the July champions defending. I think Bisping might get the shot over the Jacare/Belfort winner and a returning Romero, but I'm not sure.

What will probably happen though, is injury will cancel one of the upcoming title fights, and that'll end up as headliner at a later date.

Or alternatively, I could see them doing one less PPV in this time, only doing 201-203 between July and November, making MSG UFC 204 instead of 205.

I can see a lot of that. I think Jones will defo be on 205 though given it's in NY. I wouldn't rule out a Diaz-Bisping main event if they're in a pinch.

my guess is 202 that Conor fights Nate because they'll want to space out Conor from 200 a bit with 201 being July 30th

201 - Lawler vs Woodley
202 - Conor vs Nate II
203 - Werdum/Stipe winner vs whoever
204 - Faber/Cruz vs Dillashaw or Cruz vs Mighty Mouse

201 Conor - Nate 2 w/ Lawler - Woodley as Co main
202 Werdum - Reem
203 Nick - GSP w/ MM - ??? as co main
204 Cruz - Dillashaw w/ RDA - ??? as co main

UFC 201: Mcgregor vs Diaz in a 100 meter sprint..with Mcgregor getting a 20 meter head start.

They will not be able to put any titles on non ppv events until fight night 100 I'm guessing

International Fight Week will feature five title fights (LW, WSW, WBW, Interim FW, LHW). The month before at UFC 199, there's two title fights as well (BW, MW), not to mention a HW championship bout at UFC 198. So, seven/eight (depends whether you count the interim one) of the ten titles defended between mid-May and early July.

Given that they've got to save some good stuff for 205 at MSG, who are the UFC going to put on top of UFC 201-204? Presumably McGregor will be on top of one, Lawler another, but that still leaves two PPV's without an obvious headliner unless one of the champs performs a really quick turnaround. Mighty Mouse could be an option, but there doesn't seem anyone for him to fight hence they're putting on this TUF season to create a new challenger.

What do you think the main events of UFC 201 - 204 will look like?
There are at least 11 shows before 201 and 201 doesn't even have an official date yet, let alone any fights.

Question is: are you not entertained by the other cards that you have to look for ones that don't even exist on paper yet?

201 - Lawler vs Woodley/Condit
202 -
RDA vs Khabib
MM vs some bum
203 - Werdum vs Overeem
204 - Rockhold vs Vitor

Bisping said he wanted to fight nick Diaz. It's one of those non title fights with the right build up could sell some ppvs . The trash talking could sell the card. Nick is like Nate . I don't think either care about titles or weight classes it's all about making the most money !

I would say Werdum / stipe vs overeem could headline one of those cards, but seeing how infrequent the HW title is defended I'm thinking that won't happen until 2017 :(

Why is everyone assuming rockhold beats weidman, lol dicks

Back