This new generation bashes Dana too much

Macalpinerules

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've noticed that over the years the hate for Dana White has grown on this forum. It seems like this newer, younger generation of Sherdog users are always complaining about Dana and how he's "ruining" the sport.

But I think these younger guys need to really look at Dana not as an antagonist but as an inspiration.

Right now we have a lot of fucking young people in this country who are lost and don't know what to do with themselves. They feel because they are college educated that they are entitled to a great job with perks. They complain about student loan debt, the poor job market, not getting laid etc. They blame the system for their problems. They believe the "corrupt government", greedy baby boomers, evil bankers, and picky women are the cause of their misery. Anyone but them.

Take your fucking head out of your phone for a second and log off instagram and look around you. You live in the greatest country on earth. And I swear to God, Dana White is proof of how great this country can be if you sack up and work hard.

The man grew up without a father. His mother spent most of her time working to provide for Dana, so Dana was often at home by himself. He barely graduated High School and never went to college. He bounced from job to job doing things like bartending, security, and hospitality work. He finally got fed up one day while working at a hotel and decided he would never work for anyone ever again.

He went on to open a boxing gym and other fitness centers. He then heard through the grapevine that UFC was on the market. He raised money and bought the company and the rest is history.

Now that's what this fucking country is about! I feel like if more of you young millenials stopped bashing Dana and honestly looked at how he improved his life through hard work and sacrifice, you would have an example to strive towards.

Your life is difficult because of you. Don't blame the government, Wall St., or Sallie Mae. Blame yourself.

If a man from a single parent home with no college education can become president of a $3b company then that's proof that we live in a marvelous country if you are willing to work hard.

But I fear the generation that Dana is from is a dying one. Now everybody wants the good life handed to them.

Don't hate Dana, learn from him. We all have gifts but not all of us will use them. Don't buy into this generations lies.

every generation of MMA fan has bashed Dana, theres just more fans nowadays lol

seriously, plenty of people work harder than Dana and take a lifetime to make what he probably makes in a month.

Stop peddling this bullshit idea that as long as you work hard, you can make millions. Sure, hard work will get you better than what you had, but stop acting like there isn't a lot of luck involved - being at the right place at the right time, knowing the right people, etc.

You believe in this myth of society being a simple meritocracy, when by and large it is not. It is incredibly short sighted and simplistic to ignore all of the outside help and privilege that propels MOST people to the top.

The irony is that you are using Dana as an example of this meritocracy when he has destroyed it plenty of times by showing favoritism, stupid rematches, subjective rankings, and broken promises to plenty of fighters who earned what they were due.

Last edited:
I've been bitching about Dana worse than these Shernewba have since 2007.

I'm sure those who joined even earlier than me bitched before me. Dana has always been hated on Sherdog.

Keep hating ya fucking goofs.

9Wy3ePm.png

danasnoop.gif

He overcame some obstacles, good for him. I can appreciate that. But that shouldn't be an excuse for him to act like an idiot sometimes and try so hard to defend the concept of not paying fighters what they truly deserve.

I fail to see the problem. Dana bashing is not against forum rules and it creates great drama and debate. The fact that Dana personally trashes "fat virgins" on Twitter makes it even better.

What I find funny is bashing dana and acting like Conor is some labor leader for "holding out". Dana Is Cesar Chavez compared to Conor who treats his fellow fighters worse than dirt.

Anyway I've always liked Dana. Keeps it real unlike most CEOs who will smile in your face and fuck you worse than Dana White ever would behind the curtains.

Most ppl like sunshine and pixie dust blown up their ass though. e.g. like being lied to.

Last edited:
Dude ever since I started looking at this forum people have been bashing Dana lmao.

I've said it before, now it's confirmed. Macalpinerules is Dana White.

Naw the new fans have it right. Some of the old fans are just clinging to the good old days so hard that they can't recognize what an assbag Dana has been for the last few years. If you are new to the sport it is easy to see that as they are less likely to give credit for accomplishments that took place before they started viewing.

Dana says worse things about the fan base than the fan base say about him.

lmao. you lost me at inspiration but Dana is cool

Even if he were President of the known universe it doesn't mean we ignore the fact he's a dickhead. An ambitious one, granted, but still a dickhead. Not the worst by any stretch either, he has a few good points.

OP—people such as yourself put way too much stock in financial success. My respect for a man or individual isn't primarily determined by how much money they've made or how well their career has panned out.

I agree if by this generation you mean every one who watches MMA starting at the time Zuffa bought the company.

People complain about everything too much these days. The whiny era.

Even if he were President of the known universe it doesn't mean we ignore the fact he's a dickhead. An ambitious one, granted, but still a dickhead. Not the worst by any stretch either, he has a few good points.

OP—people such as yourself put way too much stock in financial success. My respect for a man or individual isn't primarily determined by how much money they've made or how well their career has panned out.
Im not going to lie to you, I only liked your comment because I like your Avatar.

Back