RD 5: 18-11 (+1 TD from Jones)

Also i would put it on the third place of the hardest Jones fights:
1. Jones-Gus
2. Jones-DC
3. Jones-OSP
4. Jones-Teixeira
5. Jones-Rashad
Other fights were finishes so i don't put them here

That is the trend of pretty much all of Jones' fights. The deeper they go, the more he separated himself. I wouldn't rank this one anywhere near the top of Jones' toughest fight list. Jones was never pushed and never in danger. He worked OSP the entire fight and cruised to a win without any injury that would hold him out of 200 (his goal, I'm sure).

Having said that, Jones clearly has some serious power in his kicks. If he connects one of those with Cormier's head - goodnight!

He was in trouble against Bonnar from the mid point of the fight on

I think the same thing happen to Glover too. But then again I think Jones beats all either way in later rounds.

I think the same thing happen to Glover too. But then again I think Jones beats all either way in later rounds.
yeah i remember Glover doing good in the first rounds but he also broke something

osp's broken arm saved Osp

Jones sometimes fights down to his opponents level, so because Osp slowed down, jones just basically used it as a sparring match that he easily won

If Osp didn't break his srm and went harder , jones would have rag dolled and stopped Osp in the 4th

Jones broke OSP's arm so I don't get the point.

Well all that said you neglect to point out that Jones broke his arm and it was not just some freak injury. SO even if OSP had been winning up till that point (which he was never close to doing) then Bones still took the victory.

Bones may have been a tad rusty (who wouldn't after such a long lay off) but he still came back and had a rather easy win over the #6 guy in the world. DC knows he's in trouble.

so OSP broke his arm in the second and look at the stats of the next rounds:

You mean Jones broke his arm with a kick. How this is being spun as serendipity?

The second round is where Jones teed off with kicks in a few exchanges and OSP had a hard time blocking them. OSP's activity didn't drop off that much he was low in that regard for the majority of the fight.

Jones himself didn't know about the broken arm until after the fight so it doesn't make sense to attribute his greater activity after it as an effect.

Lol it was Jones who broke his arm in the first place.

That arm didn't break itself. JBJ did like he does in every fight that went the distance... Do MORE than the opponent.

Jones was dominating from minute 1. the reason he landed more strikes in 4th and 5th round was because OSP was exhausted, and you can only keep blocking and running from the fight for so long.

I was looking at the stats, first two rounds were very close:
Jones - OSP (sig strikes landed):
RD 1: 13-12
RD 2: 18-17
RD 3: 30-11
RD 4: 26-6 (+2 TD from Jones)

1. Jones-Gus
2. Jones-DC
3. Jones-OSP
4. Jones-Teixeira
5. Jones-Rashad

I'm sure it played a factor, but Jones wasn't going to lose here anyway. If OSP really broke his arm, I give him mad props for fighting through it

I was looking at the stats, first two rounds were very close:
Jones - OSP (sig strikes landed):
RD 1: 13-12
RD 2: 18-17
RD 3: 30-11
RD 4: 26-6 (+2 TD from Jones)

1. Jones-Gus
2. Jones-DC
3. Jones-OSP
4. Jones-Teixeira
5. Jones-Rashad

So his output was comparable in both the 3rd and 5th to the 1st. How does that make it a big factor? He certainly hid it well enough that nobody even commented on it until the late 4th round, or maybe even the 5th when it was hanging at his waist.

Back