Reebok/UFC Uniform Concept

Hold Mai Nuts

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Didn't know where to put this but If the UFC were to go the fighter representing country route in terms of uniforms, are these more appealing than the current crop of unis?

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-30%20at%202.02.00%20PM_zpsk35nailj.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-30%20at%202.02.12%20PM_zps0pcxe6iq.png

USA logo is from USA hockey a while back, I took Brasil logo off the net somewhere, right sleeve is camp logo and left is sponsor space. Credit to tbdaniel15 for uni template

I don't think they should have a uniform period. They aren't a team sport. I'm fine with them being forced to wear Reebok tights when they fight but that's where it should end.

I do think the Reebok fight shorts should be more like Soccer/Football though and really push Nationalism. They have the colors right now but they are too vague. I think the fights should either a flag on them or the shorts the color of the flag like Yellow/Green for Brazil.

Fuck Reebok!

now that thats out of the way, you may continue. I have a question what if somebody doesn't want to represent the country they are from? Then what will Reebok do?

I suppose that would be an improvement, but all options are inferior to the old pre-Reebok gear minus Condom Depot.

They need to do something. The fight shorts are the worst where the challenger or lower ranked wears White and the other Black. way too plain.

These uniforms need to have stripes on them

No likey the big country logo in front.

If I weren't a filthy peasant I'd be buying the uniform of my favorite fighter, not the country he or she is from. If I wanted to rep my country I'd wrap myself in a flag instead or go to a tourist shop and get a USA T shirt that makes me look like an even bigger asshole.

Those look better than that what they've got now.

But if they have to be limited to Reebok, I'd much rather Reebok just make a bunch of different short styles and let fighters choose any of them, rather than being limited to black/gold for champions and black/white or white/black for everyone else. Reebok actually makes other shorts. They could even work with some of the higher profile fighters to make signature shorts. And they should do signature walk-out shirts for specific events instead of using the same jerseys. That way it'd still be all Reebok, but there'd be more variety.

Empty potato sacks with arm-holes cut out would be an improvement from the current fight kits.

TS designs are much better than the current ones. But Zuffa clearly wants the giant UFC logo to be the focus of the uniforms.

I'm of the belief of no uniforms go back to the NASCAR sponsor looking fighting shorts. But if we must have uniforms I prefer TS looks than the ultra large UFC wording on the current gear.

Reebok sucks, I used to wear some shoes but today´s stuff is f*** horrible

I do think the Reebok fight shorts should be more like Soccer/Football though and really push Nationalism. .

I disagree one billion percent. Fighters are fighters, and I'm fucking over people (looking mostly at Brazilians and Americans) acting as if the sport is some kind of national game. It's not futbol/soccer, and I fucking can't stand the nationalism bullshit.

"Cheer for this person because they're wearing that color, you fucking monkey!"

It's fucking embarrassing when some dude flies half way around the Earth, to get booed by some Jersey Shore rejects, because he was born in "not USA". Fucking ugh.

albert-einstein-patriotism-quotes-nationalism-is-an-infantile-disease-it-is-the.jpg

TS - Your designs are pleasing to the eye. But I can't get behind the flag waving shit. Sorry.

I disagree one billion percent. Fighters are fighters, and I'm fucking over people (looking mostly at Brazilians and Americans) acting as if the sport is some kind of national game. It's not futbol/soccer, and I fucking can't stand the nationalism bullshit.

"Cheer for this person because they're wearing that color, you fucking monkey!"

It's fucking embarrassing when some dude flies half way around the Earth, to get booed by some Jersey Shore rejects, because he was born in "not USA". Fucking ugh.

albert-einstein-patriotism-quotes-nationalism-is-an-infantile-disease-it-is-the.jpg

TS - Your designs are pleasing to the eye. But I can't get behind the flag waving shit. Sorry.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being proud of your country and heritage. MMA is an international sport and it's simply telling people watching where the person is from. I think that's a good thing and not only shows its mass appeal but that you could be a kid anywhere in the world and could one day end up fighting for the UFC.

Look at the Olympics. It's a source of pride for a country to be able to win the games. I don't see that as negative.

Didn't know where to put this but If the UFC were to go the fighter representing country route in terms of uniforms, are these more appealing than the current crop of unis?

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-30%20at%202.02.00%20PM_zpsk35nailj.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-30%20at%202.02.12%20PM_zps0pcxe6iq.png

USA logo is from USA hockey a while back, I took Brasil logo off the net somewhere, right sleeve is camp logo and left is sponsor space. Credit to tbdaniel15 for uni template

Nice work. These are way better. If they are trying to give the sport a sense of legitimacy with uniforms this would be the way to go. The giant UFC letters they have now are tacky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back