Last week when I was in Vegas I got to take a tour of Xtreme Couture

MMAJim

White Belt
@White
Reaction score

Hey guys and girls when I was in Vegas last week me and few of the other guys I work with were given the chance to take a tour of Xtreme Couture and meet some of the pros that train there. It was a great experience and we shot some footage you might enjoy seeing.

I was just wondering if any of you guys have been to/train at some of the other big MMA gyms around the lands? I found it amazing how welcoming they were to us.

Hey guys and girls when I was in Vegas last week me and few of the other guys I work with were given the chance to take a tour of Xtreme Couture and meet some of the pros that train there. It was a great experience and we shot some footage you might enjoy seeing.

I was just wondering if any of you guys have been to/train at some of the other big MMA gyms around the lands? I found it amazing how welcoming they were to us.

Me and my buddy did a BJJ class there back in 2009 (were in Vegas for UFC 98). That was a really cool experience. I haven't trained at any other big gyms before or since.

One of the worst gyms in MMA, the only fighter that has even slightly evolved in the last few years is Tate and that's because the bar for WMMA is so much lower.

I had no idea any professional fighter actually trained there.

One of the worst gyms in MMA, the only fighter that has even slightly evolved in the last few years is Tate and that's because the bar for WMMA is so much lower.
You're thinking of the old gym war days. XC used to have an awful reputation, but they are under new management now new coaches. Everybody talks good about the experience of training there now.

You're thinking of the old gym war days. XC used to have an awful reputation, but they are under new management now new coaches. Everybody talks good about the experience of training there now.
Don't most fighters just use that gym to work out when they're in Vegas? Caraway is a great example of somebody not evolving and I can't even remember any of their other fighters off the top of my head.

Don't most fighters just use that gym to work out when they're in Vegas? Caraway is a great example of somebody not evolving and I can't even remember any of their other fighters off the top of my head.
Actually Caraway and Tate have both gotten better there specifically in the striking. Not a fan of BC but he outstruck Eddie Wineland who's a good striker for MMA.

Yeah a lot of pros go there for sparring and training when they are in town, you're right about that. They do have guys like Kevin Lee and Brad Tavares training there. Also Uriah Hall recently started training there as well after Reign closed.

Actually Caraway and Tate have both gotten better there specifically in the striking. Not a fan of BC but he outstruck Eddie Wineland who's a good striker for MMA.

Yeah a lot of pros go there for sparring and training when they are in town, you're right about that. They do have guys like Kevin Lee and Brad Tavares training there. Also Uriah Hall recently started training there as well after Reign closed.
Doesn't Kevin Lee spend most of his time at the Mayweather gym? I really don't see any evolution in Caraways striking since he was on TUF, Tate hasn't exactly gotten better striking either, perhaps since her strikeforce days but her striking is still pretty atrocious even by WMMA standards, she got beaten on the feet by Sarah McMann. Tavares is a solid fighter though.

Doesn't Kevin Lee spend most of his time at the Mayweather gym? I really don't see any evolution in Caraways striking since he was on TUF, Tate hasn't exactly gotten better striking either, perhaps since her strikeforce days but her striking is still pretty atrocious even by WMMA standards, she got beaten on the feet by Sarah McMann. Tavares is a solid fighter though.
He moonlights at the Mayweather gym, but he trains at XC full time. Jimmy Gifford is the boxing coach there, very good reputation. Actually he looked very good against Wineland, and Tate has gotten a lot better since then. McMann just has insane power! Tate has outstruck most of her recent opponents, including Jessica Eye who is supposed to much better in the striking game.

He moonlights at the Mayweather gym, but he trains at XC full time. Jimmy Gifford is the boxing coach there, very good reputation. Actually he looked very good against Wineland, and Tate has gotten a lot better since then. McMann just has insane power! Tate has outstruck most of her recent opponents, including Jessica Eye who is supposed to much better in the striking game.
I respectfully disagree, Tate or Caraway don't have any technique whatsoever behind their striking, they don't have a striking base, they just walk forward and throw random kicks and punches, she outstruck Jessica Eye but she had to get it to the mat once or twice first, when you get outstruck by McMann who is a one-dimensional wrestler then you should go and take up a good striking coach. Are you sure about Kevin Lee? I saw one of the Mayweather guys in his corner last week.

Back