How you guys think about recent UFC departures of (in)famous stars?

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bendo, Mitrione, Jordan and most likely Rory Mac soon.

I think Mac fate will be determined by the outcome of his next fight, if he loses then obviously he wont have grounds for any negotiations.

But how you guys react to this news, are you care really or dont give a damn.

And what it possibly means for the UFC? I know they got plenty of fighters on the roster, but still, some of those fighters got their names quite well written into UFC history and our memory.

Discuss

I couldn't care less about Bendo, Mitrione and Jordan, but I'd be realy disappointed if Rory left.

The UFC has all of the best fighters (apart from Askren, Pitbull...)

What's infamous about those guys? Just curious. The only one who fits that is Brandao. Watch the three amigos for more information on famous vs infamous.

The UFC has all of the best fighters (apart from Askren, Pitbull...)
*Says pitbull but doesn't acknowledge Strauss who just beat him*

You also forgot
Brooks
Moreas
Chandler
Koreshkov
Caldwell
Branch
McGeery

the UFC need to start paying fighters their worth, it cant just be a couple of fighters getting a fair share. fighters like Benson and Rory especially are/would be big losses imo. Mitrione less so due to his age, but he was still a popular HW that clearly deserved some more money.... but its still not a great loss

I doubt Rory is going anywhere. And nobody cared about those other guys. Zuffa isn't stupid. The sooner people get a handle on that. The less crazy they'll make themselves obsessing on it.

React to the news?
It is not like they jumped ship & formed a stable ;)

But seriously since they left as individuals it did not seem like a big deal.

We also have no idea if Bellator is even interested in Rory.
Great fighter, but he doesn't move the needle & Coker has to justify any signings to Viacom .

You also forgot
Brooks
Moreas
Chandler
Koreshkov
Caldwell
Branch
McGeery
Koreshkov has looked scary, recently.
Really fast.

I don't like the tread because I want to see the best fighters fight each other, but the fighters need to get their share. To me the ideal situation is 1 league(UFC) with a fighters union.

You also forgot
Brooks
Moreas
Chandler
Koreshkov
Caldwell
Branch
McGeery
I agree with Brooks & McGeary but Koreshkov just beat a LW and would likely ask for championship money to sign with the UFC when in reality he's probably not even a top 10 guy.

i would prefer more than one league and a real independent contractor's status for the fighters.
as in boxing the same fighter could be champion in more than one promotion but if he doesn't defent his belt in a reasonable window of time he is automatically stripped.

Hopefully some other orgs step up and pay the fighters decently.

When there is competition, fighters will start making better paydays overall.

the UFC need to start paying fighters their worth, it cant just be a couple of fighters getting a fair share. fighters like Benson and Rory especially are/would be big losses imo. Mitrione less so due to his age, but he was still a popular HW that clearly deserved some more money.... but its still not a great loss
Benson isn't a loss, he's passed his prime and would just be a gatekeeper at this point.

i would prefer more than one league and a real independent contractor's status for the fighters.
as in boxing the same fighter could be champion in more than one promotion but if he doesn't defent his belt in a reasonable window of time he is automatically stripped.

What would be an advantage of this system over a 1 league/union setup?

The moment Benson proposed to his girlfriend in front of a rabidly hostile crowd after a terrible fight I knew he'd be done sooner rather than later.

Zuffa knows how to hold a grudge.

Benson isn't a loss, he's passed his prime and would just be a gatekeeper at this point.
he's still a marketable fighter, with a big enough name. he also shouldve won against Cerrone who is ranked in the top 3. Id hardly consider Benson a gatekeeper

What would be an advantage of this system over a 1 league/union setup?
it would mean more options for fighters, but like boxing it would also mean a lot of the top guys would just avoid fighting each other.

he's still a marketable fighter, with a big enough name. he also shouldve won against Cerrone who is ranked in the top 3. Id hardly consider Benson a gatekeeper
How is he marketable? People just throw that term around, how long ago did he lose a gift decision to Cerrone? Bensons had enough gift decisions in his day anyway, he recently got one at welterweight over Masvidal.

What's infamous about those guys? Just curious. The only one who fits that is Brandao. Watch the three amigos for more information on famous vs infamous.

TS needs a dictionary and read up what infamous means.

Back