Edson Barboza is a lot like Amir Khan from boxing

When you get almost finished by a jab, it is.

What Barboza did since then is the same Reem has been doing. More movement, trying to get hit less. So that's what everyone who can't take shots should has been doing.

Thats actually not a bad comparison

What Barboza did since then is the same Reem has been doing. More movement, trying to get hit less. So that's what everyone who can't take shots should has been doing.

I think he has shown his chin is fine, not great, but fine since that fight. Anyone can get rocked by a punch they didn't see coming.

L7Gy9nD.gif

I still can't work out if that vid is fake or not...

I thought it was fake but if you look in the backgroud after you can see the bottle in the ring directly where he punched it. I guess they could have edited that in too but that would have taken a lot of consideration to do all that

Problem with both was defense and range control but Edson has improved vastly under Henry.

Both guys get into dick measuring contests in the pocket and get knocked out when they stray from the gameplan but have done better recently of not doing that. Two of the fastest in their sports history for sure, at least handspeed for Amir and kicking speed for Edson

I still can't work out if that vid is fake or not...

i wouldn't bet anyones life on it, but from what i studied in theoretical mechanics as an undergraduate, that should be impossible.
Since the hits are directed away from him the bottle will also get an impulse in that direction, some of the blow will go towards making the bottle spin, yes, but with nothing holding its axis of rotation it should move away from him.
Edit: also the spinning bottle in the video looks a little sketchy, would you not agree?

i wouldn't bet anyones life on it, but from what i studied in theoretical mechanics as an undergraduate, that should be impossible.
Since the hits are directed away from him the bottle will also get an impulse in that direction, some of the blow will go towards making the bottle spin, yes, but with nothing holding its axis of rotation it should move away from him.
Edit: also the spinning bottle in the video looks a little sketchy, would you not agree?

That's my bro-science way of looking at it too... The timing and accuracy to hit it at just the right angle to make sure it spins properly would be ridiculous... Reminds me of this one - I was crushed when I found out it was fake... There were loads more like Kobe jumping over a car and some next dude catching NFL passes blindfolded. All fake

Last edited:

He'll do it for you in person.

Edit:
I've never seen it but that's what he replied to someone of twitter or his wife replied.

Last edited:
That's my bro-science way of looking at it too... The timing and accuracy to hit it at just the right angle to make sure it spins properly would be ridiculous... Reminds me of this one- I was crushed when I found out it was fake... There were loads more like Kobe jumping over a car and some next dude catching NFL passes blindfolded. All fake

Just in cased i'd like to stress, that even if he did have such accuracy and timing, to keep it spinning even then the bottle should drift away. If he we're punching it directly up, it would be plausible, right now it looks impossible unless they have like a stream of air keeping it from drifting off :D
He'll do it for you in person.
nobody-got-time.jpg

It's legit though f your mechanics he's that fast

It's really what everyone should be doing. Just because you CAN take a punch doesn't mean it's smart to do so. Sooner or later your chin gives out, happens to everyone.

canelo is gonna embarrass Khan

Also overrated and will get destroyed.

Back