Conor/Honda responsible for 61% of UFC's PPV: Are they underpaid; is PPV system flawed?

Are they underpaid; is system flawed?

• Total voters
apparently 100% of people agree with me. Conor is underpaid

PPV isn't the flaw and Conor and Ronda aren't over or under paid.

The flaw is the UFC promoting every event with Rogan and Goldie yelling and not putting some of that marketing into guys like Weidman, Rockhold, Overeem, Condit, Holloway, Sterling, Almeida, etc.

I don't see how either fighter is underpaid, they are basically just hype machines that make far more money than other champions/draws that are often on the same cards they are. That isn't a slam, its just true.

Responsible for 61%......

Need to take statistics 101.

So if Conor and Ronda weren't on their respective cards and some other fighters had headlined, zero people would have ordered the pay per view? Sounds legit.

We know the TV deals have done a great job, and Fox Sports 1 is helping alot to grow the sport but the PPV system is flawed and relies too much on a handful of fighters. Even tho Conor was reported to make at least 10 mill for 200 should he be earning even more? Especially considering the sponsor situation with UFC?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ousey-are-responsible-for-the-ufcs-resurgence
How is it Connor is reported to make 10 mil off 200 when 200 is in July?

Responsible for 61%......

Need to take statistics 101.

So if Conor and Ronda weren't on their respective cards and some other fighters had headlined, zero people would have ordered the pay per view? Sounds legit.
Best answer, but , unfortunately, too smart for 90 % of sherdoggers, they need a hero full of cash saving the MMA world, like a middleschool teenager needs to admire the quaterback that never said hi to him

were does it say 61%?

EDIT-nvm lol. it says the cards that they headlined. not them themselves

Who gives a chit.

These types of threads are annoying.

Bring back Shane Carwin and Erick Silva threads.

There's a good reason those guys are mma writers and not working in a math-related field, they should stick to mma writing.

There's a zero percent chance that Conor and Ronda are responsible for 61% of ppv buys.

We know the TV deals have done a great job, and Fox Sports 1 is helping alot to grow the sport but the PPV system is flawed and relies too much on a handful of fighters. Even tho Conor was reported to make at least 10 mill for 200 should he be earning even more? Especially considering the sponsor situation with UFC?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ousey-are-responsible-for-the-ufcs-resurgence
The UFC did a lot to grow Fox sports 1. If anything, putting the majority of UFC shows on that little watched channel actually hurt the UFC.

I voted PPV system is flawed but only because you didn't put 'both are underpaid' as an option, if they were in boxing and drawing that many PPVs they'd be getting more than they are now and that's just how it is.

These fighters are ALLOWED to fight in the world's top MMA organization. They serve at the pleasure of the people that OWN and OPERATE that organization. Getting big money fights and heavy promotional backing are PRIVILEGES NOT RIGHTS.

Without Zuffa, we wouldn't consider these fighters superstars. Zuffa makes the rules and writes the checks, not the Sherbros, fanboys, fighters or nuthuggers.

How is it Connor is reported to make 10 mil off 200 when 200 is in July?

Well ask Lorenzo and Dana.........

I voted PPV system is flawed but only because you didn't put 'both are underpaid' as an option, if they were in boxing and drawing that many PPVs they'd be getting more than they are now and that's just how it is.

You are allowed multiple votes so u can vote for both of them being underpaid

Just look at what top Boxers are making compared to top UFC fighters.

Not even close.

Just look at what top Boxers are making compared to top UFC fighters.

Not even close.
Not necessarily true, now that Pac and Mayweather have retired there's nobody else making $30Million+ paydays but I agree if McGregor and Rousey were in boxing and selling this many PPVs they would be making a lot more money than they are now.

Obviously you have guys like canelo doing 400k buy rates making near 10m a fight.Then you have people like ronda doing 1m ppvs and around the same time you have dana saying the most the ufc had paid someone was 5m.

So they are clearly underpaid compared to what they bring to the table.But the difference between them is promoters in boxing believe that the fighters are the draw and the ufc believes the ufc is the draw and you watch because of the brand not the fighters.Which is true in a sense but the ppv numbers prove that who is fighting is King at the end of the day.

Wondering aloud, if neither fighter ever fought a day in the UFC would they have even made a fraction of what they have to this point?

Not necessarily true, now that Pac and Mayweather have retired there's nobody else making $30Million+ paydays but I agree if McGregor and Rousey were in boxing and selling this many PPVs they would be making a lot more money than they are now.
Cotto was paid 15 million for his 900k selling ppv vs Canelo. I believe he may have also received ppv points. Notice that 58 million dolars was generated for a 900k selling ppv(12.5million gate)($59.95SD/69.95HD). That should tell you that the UFC took in a lot more for UFC 196.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...l-cotto-pay-per-view-revenue-numbers-revealed

Back