Is it time to address (repeated) front kicks to the knees??

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
Look.. It's a great sport, much closer to real fighting than Boxing. Also less damaging to a fighters health, on average, I believe, depending on how much heavy striking sparring guys do. But too many things are disallowed already to worry about affecting the "purity" of the sport (or 'fighting') in regards to eliminating those BS front kicks to the knees. It's fighting like a dirty pansy, quite frankly, and it will shorten guys career for a pretty unexciting, non-fan-friendly result. Soccer kicks on the ground probably result in LESS damage being inflicted over the course of fights, and are fan friendly. Front kicks to the knees are just worse in about every way.

We don't have knees on the ground, we don't have finishing kicks on the ground, and those would actually be important to have for excitement and realism of combat. Front kicks to the knees are nothing but a dirty b**ch move with a lot of risk, with little reward.

This jumps into my top 3-5 of things the UFC, as the leader in the sport, should probably address soon. Joining 285 weight limit and cutting dangerous amounts of weight.

P.S. At a minimum, could we all at least boo really loud when somebody throws one?

Last edited:
Agreed, you can't attack the back of the head and the spine because they are vulnerable to leaving permanent damage, I think this should count for kicks to the knee as well. As you said, it's not really enjoyable to watch somebody getting kicked in the knee, just like it's not really all that enjoyable to watch somebody get kicked in the nuts, opinions might differ though.

It's time to address repeated punches to the face. I can't believe this kinda thing happens in a combat sport.

It's time to address repeated punches to the face. I can't believe this kinda thing happens in a combat sport.
Can you please give an argument as to why we would ban hits to the groin, back of the head, spine, and soccer kicks / knees on the ground, but should allow kicks to the knee? What is the differentiating factor between those?

That is what people watch for, and is not a risk to create a permanent injury for a fight ending that looks accidental, and almost.. Childish?

No, we already had 10 threads about it in the last seven days.

If you can't take a little side kick to the knee then why the hell are you a fighter for?!!. You have no business being punched in the head if you can't take a little kick on the knee LMAO.

It doesn't injure anyone and it doesn't hyper extend nothing. Its just a tool Jones does so they can't start throwing big wild punches at him and it keeps their distance. Its basically to stop exchanges, and to control the distance.

What's childish is bitching about a legal maneuver that you're unable to do anything about presently. What's even more childish is this bash bait thread. Sherdog is full of passive aggressive little bitches.

We don't have knees on the ground, we don't have finishing kicks on the ground, and those would actually be important to have for excitement and realism of combat. Front kicks to the knees are nothing but a dirty b**ch move with a lot of risk, with little reward.
You're right about knees/kicks on grounded opponents which is great for advancing the action and give more weapons for the top fighter instead of slow down with the current rules when one fighter gets grounded.

And you probably mean oblique/stomp kicks to the knee. I'm on the fence with that one.

Wrong place! Send all inquiries and questions to the Nevada Athletic Commission and Association of Boxing Commission.

Lost me at closer to real fighting....so getting hit with chairs knocked out on hard concrete only to be kicked and stomped on a couple more times is that the real fighting your talking about? If anything the closest thing to real fighting is wwe lmao.

They are dangerous and they hurt... but it's full contact and there's many techniques you could say the same about.

Can you please give an argument as to why we would ban hits to the groin, back of the head, spine, and soccer kicks / knees on the ground, but should allow kicks to the knee? What is the differentiating factor between those?

Knees on the ground aren't illegal, knees to the head of a downed opponent are.

And this argument against legal strikes - which do not cause damage (other in Rampage's imagination) - is rediculous. Jones and others - Conor, Overreem, Petis, etc - use them and we've never seen anyone injured because of it. Hell, Jones hit OSP 30 times with them and no injury resulted.

Watch another Rampage bitchfest video and feel the urge to spawn another thread... awesome.

Motherfuckers need to switch their stance and defend the attack... It's a fight - the idea is to beat the other guy up... I say we need more attacks, not less.

That is what people watch for, and is not a risk to create a permanent injury for a fight ending that looks accidental, and almost.. Childish?
So front kicks to the knees should be banned because they look childish?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back