if Weidman was a superior fighter than Luke

illegalnature

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He wouldn't have lost after being taken down. People like to say Weidman would have won but he pulled a stupid move and thats why he lost.

Put a little logic behind that, folks. Luke just landed a takedown from that mistake. If weidman was a better fighter he would have done something like....got back up, not get mounted, escape from mount etc.

Have you guys ever seen somebody get taken down, have their backs taken, mounted etc. And still win the fight? Because i have.

Tl;dr Weidman is going to lose regardless of wheelkicks because he's not as good on the ground. Luke needs 1 takedown within 25 mins to win.

He wouldn't have lost after being taken down. People like to say Weidman would have won but he pulled a stupid move and thats why he lost.

Put a little logic behind that, folks. Luke just landed a takedown from that mistake. If weidman was a better fighter he would have done something like....got back up, not get mounted, escape from mount etc.

Have you guys ever seen somebody get taken down, have their backs taken, mounted etc. And still win the fight? Because i have.

Tl;dr Weidman is going to lose regardless of wheelkicks because he's not as good on the ground. Luke needs 1 takedown within 25 mins to win.

You should replace Dan Hardy in the studio.

Rockhold beat him fair and square...f..k what people say...

It did seem like the failed wheel kick took the wind out of his sails. After that Weidman just accepted he was going to take a beating and he did. That aside, I see no evidence to suggest Weidman is a superior fighter than Rockhold.

Luke Rockhold isn't getting as much respect as he perhaps deserves because of the Vitor Belfort performance but he is a world class Mixed Martial Artist and one TKO loss can't change that.

On the whole, I think both Chris Wiedman and Luke Rockhold are well capable of beating each other and we would also need a couple more fights between them for a better idea of who is really the better fighter.

weidman has an iron chin, toughness and great wrestling. rock hold has better grappling and will win on the ground again. weidman can take rock hold down and hold him but rock hold can finish. standing weidman has little to offer rock hold apart from a chin which lets him walk forward and wing punches. rock hold should win again but if weidman catches him standing it could be over.

My spinning kick was a fluke.My victory against anderson silva who was clowning was legit.

Agreed. Rockhold was clearly the better striker and better grappling. Chris took him down a couple of times and never did any damage. There was even a moment when rockhold easily reversed the position after getting taken down. Rockhold took the chris after his failed spinning kick and dominated.

Agreed. Rockhold was clearly the better striker and better grappling. Chris took him down a couple of times and never did any damage. There was even a moment when rockhold easily reversed the position after getting taken down. Rockhold took the chris after his failed spinning kick and dominated.
Does not compute.

They both have excellent grappling. Weidman gassed hard. When the Chris is controlling Rockhold on the ground in the rematch, don't be surprised.

One of these two guys will be the best or at very least second best MW's of all time. At 199 we will find out who.

Chris will do so much better in the rematch.. he got a little bit sloppy in his last few fights against Belfort he rushed towards him and almost slipped.
trt Belfort would have taken so much advantage of that. he made a huge mistake against Luke with that spinning back kick and Luke did capitalize on it.

By your logic Mat Serra is the better fighter than GSP because he won the first fight. I am not a nuthugger for The Chris or Cuckhold, they are both excellent fighters. Should be a good one at UFC 199.

"If he was better than him, he would have beat him."

article-0-19AC00B7000005DC-789_634x754.jpg

537.gif

My spinning kick was a fluke.My victory against anderson silva who was clowning was legit.
key difference: weidman was winning until the kick, anderson was losing before the clowning. (then looked even worse in the rematch.)

I'm not sure what fight everyones watching that says Luke was clearly winning before he got the takedown and pummeled a worn out/gassed Chris. I think its close but IMO at both their peaks, Chris is a more dangerous fighter. Ground/subs and I think he hits a lot harder then Luke, where Luke has a better striking arsenal.

So Luke should have popped back up after being kicked in the money maker by Vitor.

Weidman wins the rematch. Still can't figure out why everyone gave Rockhold the first round last time. It was Weidman Rd1, Rockhold Rd2 and then Weidman was winning Rd3 til the spinning kick. And Weidman looked like a shell of himself walking into the cage that night.

Glad you made this thread. So many hype-buyers on this forum still dont seem to understand that being taken down once does not invalidate a win.

Back