Something about Frankie Edgar I don't hear a lot about...

Jim Gleason

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
You here McGregor talk about fighting the bigger, longer fighter in Nate Diaz.

Well Edgar was fighting the bigger fighters and had success against them. Maybe not at WW but Edgar had fights with BJ Penn who is a good sized LW as well as Benson Henderson and had success against Penn and arguably beat Henderson. He also bean Maynard twice. I also think Edgar would beat Nate Diaz at LW. He didn't make excuses when he lost, he got better and overcame his size disadvantage.

I think Edgar finds a way to get past Aldo and faces McGregor and beats him with takedowns, good boxing and head movement. And we all know Edgar has cardio for days.

Frankie will be the next two division champ.

PIkprkZ.gif

Probably..

Edgar could be a BW and he won the LW title

Edgar could very reasonably be the first 3 division champion

Edgar will be top 5 GOAT when he retires.

No he wont and hes not getting past Aldo either way.

Edgar this Edgar that

Fuck sake.

This forum really needs to hop off his dick. To bash Conor they are hyping this guy too much. Very good fighter sure but reading the comments here you'd think he was the 2nd coming of christ.

Good god, men.

IMO he can also cut to 135 and become the absolute GOAT of UFC

You here McGregor talk about fighting the bigger, longer fighter in Nate Diaz.

Well Edgar was fighting the bigger fighters and had success against them. Maybe not at WW but Edgar had fights with BJ Penn who is a good sized LW as well as Benson Henderson and had success against Penn and arguably beat Henderson. He also bean Maynard twice. I also think Edgar would beat Nate Diaz at LW. He didn't make excuses when he lost, he got better and overcame his size disadvantage.

I think Edgar finds a way to get past Aldo and faces McGregor and beats him with takedowns, good boxing and head movement. And we all know Edgar has cardio for days.

Frankie will be the next two division champ.
He beat Maynard once. He lost to Maynard once, and he has one draw with Maynard.

Well he doesn't get as much praise/publicity as McGregor got and yet he has had a better career so far. He beat a UFC HOF in BJ Penn who was considered unbeatable at LW. He's ripped through the FW division except for Aldo and McGregor and he will soon get those wins.

If anything Edgar doesn't get enough praise.

Frankie is a beast. All around good guy. Its a shame its going to take a name like The Notorious one to get a big pay day. Frankie all day.

Frankie Edgar isn't a bad fighter and briefly excelled at a low point in the 155 division when BJ was on his way out and Gray Maynard was the #1.

But as soon as 155 started filling out a little he started to struggle. He lost 2 straight at 155 and was given an instant title shot against José in which of course he fell short (no pun intended).

Good fighter? Sure.

Demigod? No.

Frankie Edgar isn't a bad fighter and briefly excelled at a low point in the 155 division when BJ was on his way out and Gray Maynard was the #1.

But as soon as 155 started filling out a little he started to struggle. He lost 2 straight at 155 and was given an instant title shot against José in which of course he fell short (no pun intended).

Good fighter? Sure.

Demigod? No.
Edgar walks around at 155. How would Aldo do at 170? How did Lawler do at 185?

Edgar would have been better off facing Conor than Aldo who is a better striker and has good takedown defence. Aldo may be mentally shook and declining slightly so he could win but Aldo's style just seems like the perfect match up to beat him.

He had a good career. I wouldn't go so far as to say he was slaying giants his whole career though. The biggest fighters he fought were Henderson who he lost to twice and Maynard who was decent but very limited. Penn has since moved to featherweight, he was always featherweight-sized. I like the guy but people are going way overboard about him. Realistically he's two fights from being a champion again, one fight against a guy he already lost to (which I doubt he will win) and then one against the champion who causes all kinds of problems for him that he hasn't had to deal with before. And on top of that, he's nearly 35 years old.

Edgar this Edgar that

Fuck sake.

This forum really needs to hop off his dick. To bash Conor they are hyping this guy too much. Very good fighter sure but reading the comments here you'd think he was the 2nd coming of christ.

Good god, men.
He's Done WAY more than Conor. Nothing in the OP is exaggerated, even if it's debatable.

People actually say "Conor bless".

What the fuck are you talking about?

Could see Frankie wrestling Conor to the ground and overwhelming him or I could see Mcgregor knocking him out early on the feet. In all likelihood this match won't happen as I can't see Conor cutting back down to 145 again. I think he will beat Aldo this time around though. He has the momentum!

I don't necessarily agree with hugging somebodys nuts, but Edgar is definetly being overlooked big time.

Edgar has been rocked a few times too many at this point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back