Reaction score
poster3.png

poster by [email protected]

at 145lbs

Doo ho choi(13-1, UFC 2-0 with 2KO)
Thiago Tavares(20-6 UFC 10-6)

Source: Korean media Naver.com

Last edited:
Tavares would be a good win for the Korean prospect.

Someone shoop "I'm gonna get KTFO" on Tavares' face

decent fight for Choi. I want to see him fight more, not once per year

Tavares is going to test doo ho choi's tdd and grappling.

Choi has beautiful boxing but Taveres is a great grappler and will not look to test his standup. I think Tavares pulls the upset; much like when Isa submitted hyped up asian prospect Sasaki.

i am incredibly hyped for this fight. big step up for choi.

tavares has looked fantastic since losing to khabib. 3 first round subs and a foty loss to ortega which was caused by a referee standup.

choi has looked as good as conor 2 fights in the ufc, but for some reason hasn't received half the hype.

i am incredibly hyped for this fight. big step up for choi.

tavares has looked fantastic since losing to khabib. 3 first round subs and a foty loss to ortega which was caused by a referee standup.

choi has looked as good as conor 2 fights in the ufc, but for some reason hasn't received half the hype.

Well Conor has his mouth (and twitter) going for him in this case.

Gotta go with Tavares in this fight, their competition levels are worlds apart. Tavares by decision or possibly late submission.

Choi has beautiful boxing but Taveres is a great grappler and will not look to test his standup. I think Tavares pulls the upset; much like when Isa submitted hyped up asian prospect Sasaki.
that was a bit different considering issa had just come off a pretty bad performance against tuerxun. tavares on the other hand has looked amazing.

We'll get to see what Choi's ground game is made up of.

Great test for Ho Choi, Tavares is a well rounded veteran with some quality wins under his belt.

DHC has trained with korean zombie for a long ass time, so I suspect his ground game should be up to snuff, but I guess we'll find out.

About gawd dam time. Thiago Tavares is no easy task, but I expect Choi to shine and come out on top. (Doo's faced similar opponents in Japan)

DHC has trained with korean zombie for a long ass time, so I suspect his ground game should be up to snuff, but I guess we'll find out.
I believe they only trained/sparred occasionally, unless I'm mistaken. Choi moved to Dong Hyun Kim's gym MAD not too long ago so I wonder if those too been working together.

I believe they only trained/sparred occasionally, unless I'm mistaken. Choi moved to Dong Hyun Kim's gym MAD not too long ago so I wonder if those too been working together.

Interesting. I must have assumed they trained together for a long time now because I remember KZ hyping up choi like 3-4 years ago.

Back