Why do people say Jones dominated DC

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It is not what happened whatsoever. It's amazing how the mobs perception has colored what happened in this fight. Yes Jon took over in rounds 4 and 5 but the fight was extremely close beforehand. Not like Jones was winning but DC put up a valiant fight close. Like damn Dc might win this fight close.

Why is the perception of this fight so much different than what actually took place?

I agree. DC won that fight IMO. Definition of a robbery. Baby leg kicks don't count!

It wasn't domination but Jon fought Cormier at what Cormier does best and he could still only take 1 round away from him.

Because Sherdog is the home of hyperbole.

Jones completely nullified DC.

Everyone was hoping DC to 'ragdoll' jones
But it was jones who took Cromier down and dominated the wrestling exchanges

It may not of been total domination, but it was defiantly a clear UD for Jones

Daniel%2BCormier%2Bvs%2BJon%2BJones%2B%282%29.gif

It wasn't domination but Jon fought Cormier at what Cormier does best and he could still only take 1 round away from him.
He actually won two rounds, if you consider that the judges didn't unanimously agree on which 1 round DC won. Two judges had him winning the second, while one had him taking the third. The first three rounds were swing rounds, imo, could've reasonably been scored for either guy.

It is not what happened whatsoever. It's amazing how the mobs perception has colored what happened in this fight. Yes Jon took over in rounds 4 and 5 but the fight was extremely close beforehand. Not like Jones was winning but DC put up a valiant fight close. Like damn Dc might win this fight close.

Why is the perception of this fight so much different than what actually took place?
Come on dawg
jon-jones-daniel-cormier-photos-01.jpg

come on

It was a great fight i thought Cormier had 2 of the rounds.. He definitely tired out towards the end but was a competitive fight and i enjoyed watching it.

He clearly won 4 out of 5 rounds man. It wasn't Bader/Perosh but it wasn't a close fight.

I guess if you win all 5 rounds it might be considered domination, but I didn't really see it that way and didn't think he did. He clearly won the fight but only on points, and there's a broad line between winning and domination.

TJ Dillashaw on Barao 1, that was domination.
Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin, also domination.
Randy Couture vs. Tim Sylvia, 5 round domination.

49-46

It was a pretty clear cut victory. It's not like it was a split decision or there was even a slight question as to who was going to be announced as the winner.

It wasn't a one sided beat down, but it was a solid and decisive win.

Not as one sided as some like to believe. But a clear win sure. I actually like DC's chances in a rematch, who knows

Not as one sided as some like to believe. But a clear win sure. I actually like DC's chances in a rematch, who knows
Same. DC's biggest mistake was relentlessly chasing the TD. Dude seemed desperate to prove he was the better wrestler, and gassed himself out chasing a TD that just wouldn't come. He had pretty good success bulldogging his way into the pocket and lobbing his punches in on Jones, I'd have liked to have seen him do more of that in place of the failed TD attempts.

Maybe because it was total domination. Jones outstruck DC by a huge margin 92 to 58 in significant strikes and 126 to 78 overall... that's domination. He landed 3 take downs to DC's 1. Positionally it was Jones pushing DC up against the fence and instead of leaning on him and stalling he leaned on him and lit his ass up for 4 rounds and DC barely even gets that second round but he does. Those are the facts so... yeah he dominated DC. That's not fun for a DC fan or Jones hater but it is what it is. It's like this myth that Jones fought poorly against OSP... he dominated that fight too.

Back