UFC posts Cyborg-Carano fight ahead of 198

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
UFC just posted the fight:

Cyborg really destroyed Carano. Twas brutal.

Cyborg's gameplan: I have a huge advantage in the stand-up. Therefore I should go for takedowns, get reversed and get mounted.
Carano's gameplan: I'm getting eaten alive in the stand-up. Therefore when I take full mount, I should stand up and get punched some more.

Cyborg's gameplan: I have a huge advantage in the stand-up. Therefore I should go for takedowns, get reversed and get mounted.
Carano's gameplan: I'm getting eaten alive in the stand-up. Therefore when I take full mount, I should stand up and get punched some more.

Seriously, wtf was Given a thinking? I can still remember it so clearly now...

It was a solid fight.

Cyborg was winning but it was still a good fight.

Gina did better then most people thought she would and did even after first viewing

I don't care how much money they offered Gina I don't think she could make weight for 145 anymore.

Gina was not that well rounded but she was tough. I thought she was gonna get wrecked a lot worse than that. Cyborg has a tendency to get overzealous in her attack. That could be a problem against someone like Rousey.

Thanks for posting the video. Have not seen this fight in years. The build up to it was so huge at the time.

I think if Gina would've kept fighting she would've had the best chance at beating Cyborg. Now is the chance! They are most likely adding Flyweight, bring Featherweight and Gina back!!

Cyborg was roided to the gills for that fight

Also piss poor technique by two supposed muay thai fighters.. Holly Holm could outstrike both with ease

Gina did a great job. The fight was stopped early. Cyborg was gassing and Gina would have won a decision. She just looked lost in a lot of areas yet still managed to get Cyborg in bad positions.

Back