T-shirt bets

zuffazombee

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I've been on Sherdog for a while now but previously posted over on the MMA WEEKLY board.

Over there, we had a tradition of posters betting each other on the outcomes of big fights. To keep it within everyone's budget the stakes were a t-shirt of the winner's choosing, in the $30-40 price range.

I'm curious to find out if anything similar has been done on Sherdog &, if not, if any posters would be interested in doing it.

A few tips or rules, if anyone's interested...

-all bets are made on poster's honor, so find someone who you trust to keep their word if they lose

-use one thread per event to issue your challenge. A challenge is considered "accepted" once BOTH parties confirm (this prevents confusion when more than one poster wants to accept an issued bet)

-the winner of the bet has one week to contact the loser with a link to the shirt they'd like & the loser then has one week to purchase the shirt & have it sent to the winner

-once the winner has received their shirt they're asked to post as such. This lets others know which posters can be relied upon to keep their word in the future.

If anyone's interested in doing something similar, simply post in this thread or start one issuing a challenge with the event name, fight match up, & who you are choosing to win.

This is a fun way to add a bit of excitement to the fight cards & promote cameraderie among posters.

I think there are only account bets which everyone welchs on anyway.

And most members are brazilian and poor.

I think there are only account bets which everyone welchs on anyway.
I've noticed that.

That's why it's important to find a poster you trust & why the winner is expected to let others know whether they receive their shirt or not.

I think this is a relatively inexpensive way to add some excitement to the cards, especially for those that aren't comfortable using online betting sites.

I did this on another forum. The asshole welched. But the admins took his acct away for the said welch lol.

Ne way its just to easy to run away on the internet. Id love to do something like this but were dealing with many children here.

Id love to say it would work but on sherdog i just dont see it.

I got an old Motörhead shirt I'm willing to part with. It was last used as a work shirt, so it has some holes in. But you can still represent. Bids start at a used pair of any of the hotter female fighters used pair of underwear. Preferably ones worn during a fight, or if it's all you got, training.

That's actually not a bad idea.

I got an old Motörhead shirt I'm willing to part with. It was last used as a work shirt, so it has some holes in. But you can still represent. Bids start at a used pair of any of the hotter female fighters used pair of underwear. Preferably ones worn during a fight, or if it's all you got, training.
Man i like motorhead alot.

But i also like clean women. Why da fuq would you want a pair of used panties? The vag is always the best right after a shower my man.

I did this on another forum. The asshole welched. But the admins took his acct away for the said welch lol.

Ne way its just to easy to run away on the internet. Id love to do something like this but were dealing with many children here.

Id love to say it would work but on sherdog i just dont see it.
I agree it sucks when the other person welches. The good thing is that as much as it sucks, you're not losing any money.

It's also a good way to weed out the good people from the bad. The good will pay up & get commended for it while the bad will be shamed.

I agree it sucks when the other person welches. The good thing is that as much as it sucks, you're not losing any money.

It's also a good way to weed out the good people from the bad. The good will pay up & get commended for it while the bad will be shamed.
Thats true. Id give it a shot if it got rolling.

I've been on Sherdog for a while now but previously posted over on the MMA WEEKLY board.

Over there, we had a tradition of posters betting each other on the outcomes of big fights. To keep it within everyone's budget the stakes were a t-shirt of the winner's choosing, in the $30-40 price range.

I'm curious to find out if anything similar has been done on Sherdog &, if not, if any posters would be interested in doing it.

A few tips or rules, if anyone's interested...

-all bets are made on poster's honor, so find someone who you trust to keep their word if they lose

-use one thread per event to issue your challenge. A challenge is considered "accepted" once BOTH parties confirm (this prevents confusion when more than one poster wants to accept an issued bet)

-the winner of the bet has one week to contact the loser with a link to the shirt they'd like & the loser then has one week to purchase the shirt & have it sent to the winner

-once the winner has received their shirt they're asked to post as such. This lets others know which posters can be relied upon to keep their word in the future.

If anyone's interested in doing something similar, simply post in this thread or start one issuing a challenge with the event name, fight match up, & who you are choosing to win.

This is a fun way to add a bit of excitement to the fight cards & promote cameraderie among posters.
good idea, except we take forum arguments VERY SERIOUSLY here at da 'dog. Giving out our addresses under the pretense of tshirt mailing is bound to get someone taking delivery of unexpected uppercuts- enough to fill their entire home.

Is this another t shirt scam like the one on Eastsideboxing.com where several posters got robbed of their money and never got their t shirt?
Cause if it is I want in

$40 t shirt?
AT6044_01.jpg

I've seen it before and welchers are shamed to JagWar levels. But obviously some people just aren't worth the words they speak, and feel no shame. Honourable people pay. And as mentioned in the OP. Don't bet with anybody you think is a douche.

Round here we do pee drinking bets. Loser drinks a cup of their own urine, streamed live...

Welcome to sherdog.

the loser should have to take a picture of themselves shirtless and upload it to sherdawg:eek:

Back