When was the last time a matchup was as depressing as Struve/Bigfoot?

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
I forgot this fight was happening................Struve just hasnt been the same since Hunt cracked his jaw in half. Poor guy is still young but with the heart condition and everything he peaked around the Hunt fight. Dude just dropped a round to freaking 50yo retirement Big Nog and he couldnt even finish him.

Bigfoot we all know how hes looked post TRT. Depressing KO loss after KO loss with the surprising exception of Palelei (who i thought was going to win).

When was the last time there was a depressing matchup like this? And i dont mean one where an over the hill fighter is being fed to a lion. I mean where both guys are just in such terrible spots in their career.

This is a loser leaves town fight for sure. I think Struve will pull it out and get the win. Bigfoot just hasn't been able to take a shot since coming off the TRT.

It didn't seem so beforehand but Shogun/Hendo 2 was pretty depressing(if action packed) as the fight where it think it became clear neither of them was close to the top of the sport anymore.

Ken vs Royce III - Although that was basically a freak show match and shouldn't count

But you are right. These are 2 guys that have just gone downhill and it seems to be getting worse. I think Struve still has something left if he can utilize his reach/size. Bifgoot is done IMO.

Uriah Hall vs the Spider had me feeling like laughing at the circumstances. Fedor vs Flabio Moobonaldo is kinda a bummer too...

Carla Esparza vs anyone is depressing.

She is as boring as a fighter can be.

It didn't seem so beforehand but Shogun/Hendo 2 was pretty depressing(if action packed) as the fight where it think it became clear neither of them was close to the top of the sport anymore.

I think that's a bit harsh, Shogun was looking great till he got blasted in the nose. I think after that his speed, agility and ability to take hard shots is much worse.

This is a loser leaves town fight for sure. I think Struve will pull it out and get the win. Bigfoot just hasn't been able to take a shot since coming off the TRT.

They may as well both leave town. The reality is the UFC is going to need fighters in every weight category simply to fill out a card.

I'm concerned for Bigfoot's health and safety. I can't see him making it out of the first round.

Struve's fall from grace is quite sad, hard to believe he's the only guy to ko Stipe.

Mir vs Gonzaga would be close.

Winner should face winner of Bigfoot vs Struve. Winner of the tourney doesn't retire.

Guida Vs Maynard

DC Vs Hendo

BJ Vs Rory

yeah this is pretty depressing tho

It's depressing when a declining guy is way outmatched; I think this on the other hand is a winnable fight for both, and could actually be a pretty exciting match. Plus Struve still has the potential to be a title contender imo, don't write that guy off just yet.

I forgot this fight was happening................Struve just hasnt been the same since Hunt cracked his jaw in half. Poor guy is still young but with the heart condition and everything he peaked around the Hunt fight. Dude just dropped a round to freaking 50yo retirement Big Nog and he couldnt even finish him.

Bigfoot we all know how hes looked post TRT. Depressing KO loss after KO loss with the surprising exception of Palelei (who i thought was going to win).

When was the last time there was a depressing matchup like this? And i dont mean one where an over the hill fighter is being fed to a lion. I mean where both guys are just in such terrible spots in their career.
big nog vs anyone

Shit thread...both come to fight. What's not to like.

Back