Question to those who ever went to live event?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever purchased a ticket for a big main event then, to have a fighter get injured or, not promote the fight and get booted?

Is the live ticket refundable in that situation OR, tough luck?...... Zuffa gotta eat!

Curious if it has disclaimer on ticket.

If I remember, it has "Card Subject to Change" or something similar on it. The one I went to wasn't affected, so I'm not sure how it would be handled, but I would assume its just tough luck.

I never had that happen but I feel like I've witnessed Dana say before that they were refunding ppl's money (maybe it was 151?) so I get the impression the UFC reserves the right to decide.

In other news, I have no idea and I'm adding the very small piece of possibly irrelevant information I do have in my possession.

Conclusion: ignore my post. Read the post below mine please. It might contain a nugget.

tumblr_milqmbb6wF1qzlbu0o1_250.gif

Attachments

• tumblr_milqmbb6wF1qzlbu0o1_250 (1).gif
    tumblr_milqmbb6wF1qzlbu0o1_250 (1).gif
    471.3 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, I've been to 3, 1 of them was the Nick Diaz getting pulled for not attending presser. Thanks to injury Nick ended up being main event anyways. But no GSP.

I even signed up for presale for ufc 200 ($150) and now I'm not attending biz of Conor being pulled.

The other 2 UFC I attended. Cote tore his acl against Anderson, then the next one Anderson snapped his leg against Weidman. That's the fight game, card subject to change, you have to live with it

Reason why I won't buy a ticket to the UFC. Can't count a good % of them making it to the card

Been to a few but not had a main event fall through.

Flew to Sweden and stayed up for over 24hours to watch gus get KOed in the early hours of the morn........kinda wish that match up had fallen through!!!!

I'm that guy wearing the chuck costume.

Tough luck.... That said, if you never been live, it really is fun. Research the fighters to get a little more invested in the undercard, go to the weigh ins , it's a good time

Has anyone here ever purchased a ticket for a big main event then, to have a fighter get injured or, not promote the fight and get booted?

Is the live ticket refundable in that situation OR, tough luck?...... Zuffa gotta eat!

Curious if it has disclaimer on ticket.

Ive never gone but I am 100% sure they will either refund or get you a ticket to another event.

I went to UFC 106 and Brock Lesnar was supposed to headline he got injured so Ortiz vs Griffin 2 filled as the main event... I still went coz everything else that was lined up around it. Don't remember anything from it tho. lol

i went to an event where tito ortiz was the headliner and he had to pull out due to injury. the place was empty.

just kidding, you can not get a refund because it says that the card is subject to change.

no cancellation means no refund. They could give you a night of all 125 lb division fights and you'll like it ya goof.

i was at the fight where patrick cote tore his ACL after dancing with Anderson Silva for 2 rounds. I asked Dana personally for a refund and he told me it was the best card in UFC history. Couldn't argue with that.

I believe there is a law that they have to offer refund f they change the main event (obviously restrictions would apply, possibly the amount of time you have to request a refund or how long from the event date that they change the main event)

** may be bs, may vary depending on location...

** to answer the question I went to 175 and Chael vs Wandy vs Vitor vs testosterone vs Usada was supposed to be on that card and got pulled... Which was fucking annoying and why we looked into the refund policy (but went anyway and had a great time) ... And another fight was cancelled during the event, Struve vs Meathead I think... Rrrrrrgh

Reason why I won't buy a ticket to the UFC. Can't count a good % of them making it to the card

This was an ok policy 10+ years ago when they had cards every 2-3 months. The tickets are much more expensive now plus shows are more diluted

Is it just me, or are local MMA shows a lot more fun than UFC events?

Ringside seats are cheap, way smaller crowds, usually end up sitting with fighter's families which is fun, less waiting around for fights to start since it isn't televised.

I'll also say that boxing live > MMA live as the ground game can be difficult to follow if you're seats are far away from the cage.

As for the OP, pretty sure you're screwed if fighters drop out of a card you paid tickets for.

Back