Which Shot fighter has the greatest chance of making comeback

tramendous

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
as the title suggests who has the best chance of making a career comeback that everyone thinks is clearly over the hill.

we saw this with how shogun reappeared in form vs liddell and machida after his worst performance in (before the jones fight) against a completely shot mark coleman.

my guess would be that, JDS can get the belt back.

i don't consider jds a shot fighter. Cain was just a horrible matchup for him and he just dominated a top 5 hw.

almost every HW has been considered "shot" by sherdog at one point

Definitely Aldo, although I'm not sure that he will
I could realistically see TJ winning a close rematch over Cruz (Assuming there are no more injuries)

JDS, Overeem, really any top 10 heavyweight is only 2-3 fights from the belt, so yeah.

Jose Aldo.

but jose may have been unlucky. he needs another loss or two to be considered shot.

i don't consider jds a shot fighter. Cain was just a horrible matchup for him and he just dominated a top 5 hw.

while i do agree somewhat. those werent just normal losses. those were like career damaging punishment like damage hendo/shogun took in their fights

LA Giant
Giant Silva
Jan Nortje
Butterbean

Cain

Pettis almost is so I might put him there too. Needs to improve 2 things, he can do great.

Also Gus can still be champ no matter what. Jones got a fluke elbow in they fight, Cormier was competitive, Rumble fight was something that I doubt happens again but he is a bad match up for Gus.

I think Nick diaz can beat robbie lawler again if he ever finds his way into a title shot again.

If you are talking about getting the belt back, i still think JDS or Arlovski could be Champs again.
And i also think Anderson has more in him than people think.

How is Aldo a shot fighter, he has one loss in about 10 years and his loss came to a super talented fighter.

If you are talking about getting the belt back, i still think JDS or Arlovski could be Champs again.
And i also think Anderson has more in him than people think.

i dont think arlovski can do it. he is just too susceptible to being blitzed. even worse than reem i think.

i dont think arlovski can do it. he is just too susceptible to being blitzed. even worse than reem i think.

Who knows man, it`s hard to predict in the HW division because literally everyone can be shut down with one punch and also shut their oponent with one punch(except for the champ, kinda funny).
I`m still picking Arlovski in that Reem fight in a few weeks.

Back